AI Content Editor - MyLondon
About the Job
We are looking for an AI Content Editor to join our dynamic team at MyLondon. This exciting role has been created to lead our content writing teams to deliver content that inspires and informs our readers about their local news, with the support of AI.
You will have the opportunity to manage content created in partnership with Reach's approved AI systems, developing teams and ensuring audience targets are met. You will play a key role in utilising AI programmes to help continuously improve MyLondon's content.
We're looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are happy to consider applications on a flexible working basis, and will always aim to accommodate requests where possible.
This role is home and hub based linked to our London Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around London.
What will the role involve?
You will oversee all AI generated content, ensuring it meets MyLondon's high standards for accuracy. You will proactively identify opportunities for improvement and contribute to the continuous development of AI content generation. You will collaborate with our Editorial AI Working group and external suppliers, to ensure seamless integration of AI-assisted systems and content.
You will keep your finger on the pulse of the latest advancements and best practices in AI-assisted content creation, always looking for ways to incorporate new ways of working whilst maintaining MyLondon's unique brand voice and tone. You will help manage a team of reporters in a supportive environment. You will act as a mentor, developing your team and fostering a high-performance culture. This role involves weekend and evening working on a rota, so a flexible approach is required.
Who are we looking for?
You are a skilled journalist and editor with an NCTJ qualification or equivalent with in-depth knowledge of media law. You have a wealth of experience publishing news content in a fast paced digital newsroom environment, using video, words and pictures. You have a keen interest in and demonstrable experience utilising AI systems to help create engaging content.
You are based in London with excellent local knowledge and passion for digital storytelling and local journalism. You have experience managing and developing people in a supportive environment and you are keen to work closely with Talent Acquisition to continue to attract and retain fantastic talent to your team.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we'll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days' holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years' service with Reach, you'll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day's leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you'll be eligible after just six months' employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK's top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone's invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP) for you and your nearest and dearest
- Awesome career opportunities - you'll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.