Automation Manager, Global Engineering Digital, Automation and Packaging - Birmingham
About the Job
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It with Pride.
You are the internally and externally recognized expert on Automation and Electrical systems and related engineering to support Control system design, operation, integration, and maintenance for our manufacturing processes. You have expertise in digital transformation, identifying, defining, and solving complex business problems by applying broad technical knowledge and an in-depth knowledge of your technical specialty. As a senior technical resource for the organization, you regularly interact with senior management and cross-functional teams.
How You Will Contribute
Working with cross-functional partners, you will help deploy the Mondelēz specific Automation strategy within related projects and programs globally, drive digitalization agenda and initiatives. You will ensure that capital projects are completed and, working with senior supply chain leaders, ensure defined systems do support the wider corporate ambitions as defined in Vision 2030. In this role, you will support engineering teams in a single or multiple location(s) on digitalization topics, monitor Automation system design and deployment progress during project development. You will participate in optimization efforts and communicate feedback learnings to broader engineering teams for their adaptation. You will also contribute to hardening the current diverse state of OT infrastructure in terms of cyber security and be part of the related architecture teams.
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Solid Technical expertise in Automation and electrical systems for Process, Packaging, Utilities and Manufacturing execution;
- Batch-, continuous- and discrete automation design know how;
- Industrial networking design and integration, Hardware, and Software;
- IDC design and operation for OT use cases;
- Plant Maintenance and Project management expertise;
- Influencing and collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Leading direct and indirect multicultural teams
What you need to know about this position:
You will be exposed to the key digitalization activities, major capital projects and to the entire global Automation Engineering community of Mondelez. You will contribute to designing the future of Mondelez Automation strategy and be a main partner of other functional teams to continuously shape features required to meet Mondelez Vision2030.
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Experience in PLC programming (Rockwell, Siemens, Beckhoff)
- Experience in SCADA, HMI, Batch systems – coding level
- Knowledge of SAP functionality integration, software applications to IIoT Platforms.
- Fluency in supporting the digitization of manufacturing & engineering business processes by bringing the IT expertise to business partners in Manufacturing and Technical Operations.
- Strong project management methodology knowledge and experience in project/program management, including budget and resource management.
- MS Office knowledge (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, collaboration tools e.g., SharePoint).
- Fluent in English and knowledge of an additional European language is desirable.
- Strong stakeholder management experience and the ability to explain and influence various levels of the engineering and business community.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills, ability to prioritize.
- Working in a multi-cultural environment
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics/Systems Engineering/ Electronics/ Automation or related fields (master's degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience)
Flexibility and self-driven working culture
Ability to identify needs out of ongoing activities and translate into actions.
Ability to identify execution risks and implementation of mitigating measures.
Able to travel within short notice (if required) - 50%
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelēz International, our purpose is to empower people to snack right by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. That means delivering a broad range of delicious, high-quality snacks that nourish life's moments, made with sustainable ingredients and packaging that consumers can feel good about.
We have a rich portfolio of strong brands globally and locally including many household names such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are proud to hold the top position globally in biscuits, chocolate and candy and the second top position in gum.
Our 80,000 makers and bakers are located in more than 80 countries and we sell our products in over 150 countries around the world. Our people are energized for growth and critical to us living our purpose and values. We are a diverse community that can make things happen—and happen fast.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Digital Supply Chain Engineering
Science & Engineering
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.