Commercial Finance Analyst - Marketing - London
About the Job
MATCHES started with a single shop in Wimbledon more than 30 years ago and has grown into one of the biggest global destinations in online luxury for men and women, carrying a modern edit of 650+ established and new-generation designers, delivering to over 176 countries. With offices in the UK and Hong Kong, our aspiration is to be the most personal luxury shopping site in the world. In London, our head office is based in The Shard, while our creative hub is in Here East, and 5 Carlos Place, a recently updated retail concept combining digital and physical elements, is based in Mayfair.
As Commercial Finance Analyst - Marketing, you are a key support in the MATCHESFASHION Finance Team. Your role will report into the Commercial Finance Manager - Marketing, though day to day you will spend a lot of time business partnering the Marketing, Creative Lab & Studio, and Tech teams as the key finance support, proactively supporting the teams to drive effective commercial decision-making.
This role is particularly key in ensuring ROI of spend is maximized, whilst ensuring tight cost control across each area, ensuring consistency and joined up thinking across the areas to help achieve the business goals. The role requires high levels of judgment in knowing where to escalate issues to leadership through relevant, accurate, insightful, and timely reporting and analysis, and where to manage independently. You will also support the financial planning processes, co-owning assumptions, and planning methodology with the business and FP&A teams.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and develop strong relationship with stakeholders
- Become the ‘go-to' contact for the Marketing, Creative Lab & Studio, and Tech teams on financial matters
- Support stakeholders in modelling business cases and measurement of Event/Talent KPIs
- Support weekly and monthly meetings with stakeholders, including MBR's & Weekly Marketing meetings
Planning & Reporting:
- Own the annual & quarterly planning process with stakeholders
- Support the Monthly Forecast Process across Marketing, interrogating submissions & identifying risk & opportunity vs. Finance monthly forecast
- Work closely with the management accounts and business teams to ensure the month end process works in a fluid manner, and that cost control is maximized, with any variances to budget clearly understood and any risks/opportunities are flagged
- Compile monthly MBRs and take active participation in the monthly meetings with the Exec member and their leadership teams
Insight & Analysis:
- Partner on business case modelling, and Talent/Event ROI tracking,
- Provide regular insight into the effectiveness of Marketing spend
- Undertake regular Ad-hoc analysis to bring to light insight & trends into business performance
- Work with the Insights & marketing teams to produce Customer Lifetime Value by marketing channel/region
- Work with the Tech team to produce insight into monthly capex hardware spend
- Identify areas of cost saving across Tech, Creative lab & Studio
- Continuously look to improve/streamline current processes
- Studying ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Experience in Commercial Finance, FP&A or Business Partnering
Experience with management information across multiple functions, and an ability to extract insight and action-orientated steer for business partners.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing complex data and proven experience of influencing business decisions using this.
- Experience of working with and influencing different business leaders, functions and personality types, with proven examples of improving decision making and challenging prevailing opinions.
- Experience in Customer-facing retail businesses (ideally online)
- Process improvement experience
- Experience of managing analysts and developing them as finance leaders.
Skills & Qualities
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel essential, and comfortable using Word/PowerPoint
- Comfortable working with "big data", financial systems, financial modeling and analysis. Balancing this, an ability to articulate clearly and simplify to "big picture" for a non-finance audience.
- Able to work under pressure in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Self-starter, with the ability to independently manage multiple business stakeholders and issues concurrently and tenaciously.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to develop new ideas, challenge the status quo and drive creative solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that can flex to audience (i.e. articulate financial performance, but also be able to simplify and keep action orientated for business partners).
- Ability to see the bigger picture, lifting head out of the detail and focusing time and partners' attention on the things that matter.
- Utilises broad networks across internal functions and externally to gather multiple perspectives and improve the overall quality of decision making.
- An interest in Fashion and Luxury brands and the associated industries.
- 33 days' holiday including bank holidays - and you're free to choose when you take your bank holiday days
- Option to buy 5 additional holiday days through salary sacrifice
- Additional day off for your birthday
- 50% employee discount on most brands and products on our website
- Access to Health Cash Plan, including dental, glasses and contact lenses, physiotherapy and more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan
- Up to 4% company pension contribution
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.