Content Editor - French - London
About the Job
We’re Legend. The team quietly building #1 products that make noise in the most competitive comparison markets in the world. Gaming. Sports Betting. Personal Finance.
We exist to build better experiences. From amplified career paths to supercharged online journeys for our people and our users, we deliver magic rooted in method. With over 500 Legends and counting, we’re helping companies turbocharge their brand growth in over 18 countries worldwide.
Our ever-evolving online landscape keeps us on our toes. It pushes us to rethink solutions constantly. By uniting the brightest minds to tackle big challenges, we continue to take on new market demands with fresh, fearless innovation.
If you’re looking for a company with momentum and the opportunity to progress at pace, Legend has it.
Unlock the Legend in you.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a gatekeeper for our North American market and for content published on our websites.
- Audit existing content and create new content based on our user and SEO best practices.
- Use tools like SEMrush, ahrefs and SurferSEO to recommend ways we can optimise our content.
- Brief and liaise with freelance writers to ensure copy is produced and deadlines are met.
- Proofread, line edit and write original copy to match the tone and clarity our audience expects.
- Work towards monthly and sometimes weekly deadlines.
- Help to develop content strategies and ensure they’re followed.
- Use your skills and keen eye to suggest new, innovative ways of engaging our audience and expanding the market.
- Work as part of a high-performing team and set personal development goals to continually grow your own skill set.
- Collaborate with other teams in the company, including Project Management, SEO, UX, and Engineering.
- A strong command of English grammar and language, with French or Canadian French language skills
- Relevant experience in a similar role editing content for the web.
- Hands-on experience with SEO from a previous role and experience using metrics to monitor/validate content success.
- Solid writing and proofing skills, as well as an unrivalled eye for detail.
- A “can do” attitude that thrives when working to deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Be self-motivated, imaginative and confident in working on your own initiative and with autonomy.
- Team player mentality. We like to work with friendly people who thrive when working collaboratively.
- Improvement mindset. Constantly striving to learn, develop and grow – you embrace feedback.
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS) like Contentful or WordPress is a big plus.
When you join Legend, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver top results; striving to create an experience that enables our employees to do their best work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Matched pension contribution.
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday and a life event day.
- Annual discretionary bonus linked to business and personal performance.
- Long term incentive plan to share in the growth of our business.
- Be encouraged to stretch yourself to reach your true potential.
- Get £1,000 development budget.
- Flexible working to suit you.
- Recharge your batteries between Christmas & New Year (our offices are closed).
- Paid sabbatical when you hit milestones.
- Health Insurance.
Benefits, perks & contractual terms may vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence.
Legend is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and diverse team- which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout your application process, please speak to your Talent Partner or contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll do all we can to support you.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.