Content Executive - Women's Team - London
Chelsea Football Club
About the Job
Job Title – Women’s Content Executive
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are on the lookout for a Women’s Content Execute to deliver best-in-class women’s editorial content for Chelsea’s official website and app.
Brief description and duties:
- Create best-in-class women’s editorial content for the club’s official website and app that is suited for our global audience.
- Work Women’s games, home and away. Includes European and global travel where required.
- Provide leading coverage of home and away fixtures for the Men’s and Women’s teams, with a club-focused approach to reporting.
- Interview Women’s players for wide-ranging content pieces to be published on official Chelsea channels.
- Report on pre- and post-match manager press conferences, with the focus on reporting the Chelsea news first and accurately.
- Create feature pieces that tell compelling stories around Chelsea Women.
- Seek new opportunities for content across the club’s media output.
- Deliver on Partner and Commercial campaigns as required.
- Identify news stories that could be used in content on Chelsea channels.
- Contribute to content planning alongside editorial, social & video teams.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines in a fast-paced media environment.
- Capable writer for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Experience in dealing with high-profile personalities.
- Strong understanding of digital media and of professional football.
- Able to deal with sensitive situations tactfully and maintain confidentially.
- Experience working on brand campaigns.
- Confident communicator.
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.