Defence Digital – Physical Distribution Clerk - Corsham
UK Ministry of Defence
About the Job
You’ll utilise Office 365 applications, along with Remedy and other bespoke MOD IT systems and work across many areas, driving the team to work towards the larger Defence Digital Service Executive Model.
Our commitment to your development is fundamental at Defence Digital. We will provide as many learning opportunities as we can, allowing you to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as in-house training within your field and beyond. We’ll support your development within the role from day 1.
We don’t expect you to know everything but you’ll need the passion and motivation to learn, allowing us to support your continuous professional development. We also provide great benefits including flexible working, a generous leave allowance, a wide range of discount services and a market-leading Civil Service pension.
A Market Skills allowance of up to £3k per annum is applicable to this role and is paid in increments, upon reaching agreed criteria.
Role will provide support to physical distribution, management, and in-service provision of all Cryptographic services across Defence set within MOD polices.
Role will be employed primarily in the Physical Distribution team but could be employed in the following: Electronic Distribution, Equipment support, Service desk, Key ordering or the Customer Accounts management area in line with CSD Operationally business requirements.
Responsibilities May Include
- Utilising Codes, Receptor and Office 365 applications along with Remedy and other bespoke MOD IT systems
- As part of the job role there will be a requirement to undertake manual handling tasks.
- Management of COMSEC Electronic Key (EKey) delivery to all MOD and FSC (Facilities Security Cleared) accounts.
- Picking, Processing and Dispatching of Physical Key and Equipment in a Warehouse environment.
- Receipting of all Physical Key and Equipment.
- 50/50 Split between IT and Physical workload.
- Ensure all cryptographic material is authorised for issue and work across teams to effect timely delivery.
- Ensure all EKey processes and procedures / local working instructions are updated and stored at the appropriate classification and reviewed annually.
- Coordinate and support implementation of continuous improvement across CSD and the wider C&DC, supporting the organisational design work as and when this is implemented.
- Assist with the Business Continuity Plans (BCP) to assure resilience across the business so that the corporate function of operations is maintained during times of BCP initiation.
- Working closely with the Knowledge & Information Manager to ensure appropriate record keeping / audit trails are kept to a high standard.
- Build positive and effective relationships across CSD, C&DC and wider stakeholders to enable business goals to be efficiently and effectively delivered.
- Assist in preparing Management Information (MI), including analysis, for regular management meetings, then disseminating relevant information to the wider department/organisation when required.
- Provide functional support to the CSD workforce including preparing document for recruitment boards, providing job descriptions for new posts, onboarding and general ongoing personnel management.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.