Digital Change Agent
About the Job
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
The Strategic Markets group within Jacobs' Decommissioning and Regeneration Solutions team, based in Birchwood, Warrington, is seeking a Digital Change Agent. This role is dedicated to driving the adoption of digital change initiatives within an engineering design context, aiming to transform and enhance delivery across our nuclear decommissioning and specialist engineering projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in embedding digital technologies and methodologies into our engineering processes, fostering innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness across our project portfolio.
If you are a dynamic and driven individual passionate about driving digital change in the engineering design space, this role offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact within our Strategic Markets group. Your expertise will be instrumental in shaping the future of our digital engineering capabilities, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of our decommissioning projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of digital transformation strategies within the engineering design functions of our nuclear decommissioning and specialist engineering projects.
- Work closely with engineering, IT, and project management teams to identify digital opportunities and challenges, and develop tailored solutions.
- Facilitate the integration of digital tools and platforms, such as CAD, BIM, and digital twin technologies, into existing engineering workflows.
- Drive the cultural and organizational change necessary for the successful adoption of digital initiatives, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Organise and deliver training programs and workshops to upskill staff in digital competencies relevant to engineering design.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of digital change initiatives, reporting on progress, challenges, and achievements to senior management.
- Act as a champion for digital innovation within the Strategic Markets group, inspiring and motivating teams to embrace new technologies and methodologies.
- Establish metrics and KPIs to measure the impact of digital transformation efforts on project delivery and operational efficiency.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in digital engineering, nuclear decommissioning and specialist engineering to ensure our strategies remain cutting-edge.
- A strong background in digital transformation, preferably within an engineering or technical environment.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- A proactive, innovative mindset, with a passion for leveraging digital technologies to solve complex engineering challenges.
- Relevant degree or equivalent in Engineering, IT, Business Administration, or a related field, with additional qualifications in digital transformation or change management being advantageous.
- Proven track record of leading successful digital change projects, with specific experience in the engineering design context.
- Familiarity with engineering design software (e.g. Autodesk), digital twin technologies, and BIM methodologies.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s –find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format),contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.