Digital Marketing and Communications Officer - Cossington
Blue Light Card
About the Job
The Role and the Team
Blue Light Card Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing and Communications officer to join our team as and contribute to the Foundation’s success.
This is an exciting opportunity where you’ll play an instrumental part in transforming our approach to digital marketing and communications in a charity that cherishes innovation, connection and community.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with the planning and delivery of our digital marketing strategy, working with colleagues to develop and maintain a social media marketing calendar
- Manage our Blue Light Card Foundation and Blue Light Together social media channels, ensuring a timely flow of engaging content, leading on all aspects of community management
- Analyse and interpret data from platforms including Google Analytics, Meta analytics, Google Search Console and MailChimp to monitor the performance of campaigns and recommend improvements, taking a test-and-learn approach to all our marketing activities
- Assist with the ongoing development and maintenance of our website
- Develop and distribute an email newsletter with the marketing and communications manager
- Work with the marketing and communications manager to develop audience insights and better understand our audience behaviours, helping us shape the overall marketing and communications strategy
- Support the creation of photography, video and audio materials, developing these in-house and working with external providers
- Lead on the creation of blogs and other written content, working with colleagues across the organisation to identify case studies, carry out interviews and write up case studies and other community stories
What You’ll Bring
- Previous experience in digital marketing and communications
- Analytics experience to monitor performance and recommend suggested improvements
- A natural storytelling ability, you’ll have a keen eye for finding and developing engaging, inspirational content
- A passion for all-things wellbeing
- Keen collaborator who’s great at building connections both on and offline with the Blue Light community
- Passion, confidence, creativity and new ideas, playing a vital role in helping us transform the wellbeing space for the Blue Light community
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenges
- Empathetic and understanding of the issues faced by our community - this will play an essential part in growing our online community successfully
Our Blue Light Card Foundation culture is built around our members who are at the heart of everything we do. Our people are integral to help deliver life-enhancing local and national projects, through grants, to support the wellbeing of the incredible Blue Light community. We’re committed to creating a place that our team love to work, and people want to join.
The Blue Light Card Foundation allows us to go further in helping our members. We are committed; we are supportive; we empower and we understand. Our values underpin our vision; working towards a future where every member of the Blue Light community, both past and present, feels empowered, supported and heard.
We work as a team and try to have a bit of fun while we do it, so even if you’re not expected to be in the office every day – you may just want to be! We work alongside our Blue Light Card colleagues at the HQ in Cossington. It's a great place to be with free onsite parking, gym, table tennis, pool table, TV and video games and free on-site refreshments and snacks.
What We Offer
- Hybrid working and flexible hours
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days plus public holidays, buy and sell and an additional day off for your birthday
- Great social events e.g., Christmas party, family fun day, summer party, sports matches
- Relaxed dress code and modern office space (games area, chill-out areas, book club, free coffee/tea/soft drinks/snacks)
- Onsite gym (including access to free HIIT & stretch classes)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Group auto-enrolment pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, sick pay
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Employee assistance programme (including mental health support)
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.