Digital Marketing Assistant - Loughborough
About the Job
Digital Marketing Assistant
Loughborough (Hybrid Working)
12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Our passion at Currys is helping everyone enjoy the latest tech. We’re proud of the service levels we provide for our customers – online, in-store or in their homes. And it’s all down to our people, 30,000+ capable and committed colleagues, learning together, growing together, making us amazing and celebrating the wins.
As our Digital Marketing Assistant, you will run day-to-day digital acquisition activity and website content/product creation. You will be the go-to person for all new product setup, ensuring our website has correct product information with a focus on SEO. You will also assist our PR outreach strategy, building brand awareness through both creative, and commercial outreach. This is a 12 month FTC and you will be required to work onsite in Loughborough once a week.
You will take on day-to-day management and delivery of our social media advertising, working in conjunction with our Digital Executives to support our cross-channel marketing strategy to drive sales growth.
- Set up new products in a timely manner, ensuring product information is correct as per manufacturer details
- Product setup includes writing all product description copy, product specifications, SEO copy, product naming and website url structure, and uploading content via CMS system
- Create content for our websites, including blogs, product SEO copy, social media content
- Assist PR outreach - creating content to secure brand mentions in national press titles, increasing brand awareness, generating traffic, and building backlinks
- Work alongside agency to brief, manage, proof-read, edit, and sign-off content
- Manage our social media advertising. Work with our design team to create engaging adverts and optimise our budget to drive efficient sales.
- Create social media content to drive brand awareness and engagement and ensure our social media channels provide relevant content to our customers
- Maintain social media organic output with regular activity
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing team to incorporate messaging within our social and content activity and ensure that our tone of voice is consistent
- Manage delivery of blog content - This includes uploading blog content to online platform, and maintaining relevant visibility of blog content across site, with the intention of driving traffic to site
- 1+ Years previous experience working in a marketing, writing, PR role / or relevant marketing degree
- Experience of online analytics tools such as Google analytics
- Wider digital advertising experience in PPC, social, display, video and rich media advertising desirable
- Degree level qualification preferred but suitable experience considered
- Degree in digital marketing, brand marketing, creative writing or business
We know our people are the magic ingredient in our success. That’s why we reward you with benefits that go deeper than just the day-to-day. Benefits that work for you, your lifestyle and your career. They include a Pension Scheme, Discretionary/Performance based bonus and Colleague Discounts.
Beyond that, we’ll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role, grow your skills your way, and see your career develop in the way you want. Be part of our talented Marketing team and unbox your passion at the UK’s best-known retailer in tech.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.