Digital Marketing Manager
About the Job
Twycross Zoo has existed for 60 years. At the heart of what we do, the reason we exist, is to be an influential conservation and education charity, delivering on our commitments to be visitor obsessed and provide world-class animal environments and levels of husbandry. Alongside this, we strive to be an effective charity with a commercial mindset, putting our people at the heart of the organisation.
We welcome over 600,000 people every year to our 100-acre rural site near Atherstone, and are home to 400 animals, including one of the largest chimpanzee families in the UK, and our primate collection is up there with the best in the world! Were the only zoo in the UK to house all four great apes and we care for many other endangered species to the highest welfare standards, including Eastern black rhino, Sumatran tigers, Amur leopards and snow leopards.
The Role Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting to our newly appointed Marketing Director, you will play a key role as we enter a revolutionary and exciting new era here at Twycross Zoo. Through the development and delivery of an ambitious digital strategy, you will ensure our online presence is effective in connecting with new and established visitors, while driving enhancements in revenue generation and user experience.
Your Main Responsibilities Will Involve
- Creating an annual digital roadmap outlining key activities to be undertaken across the relevant digital platforms, to agreed upon metrics and targets
- Managing the day-to-day operations of our key digital platforms including the Twycross Zoo website, app, and ECRM databases
- Working with the appointed ticketing partner to create a seamless integration between digital platforms and ticketing partner platforms
- Appointing new agencies and managing agency relationships to ensure successful delivery of agreed objectives
- Developing and providing concise briefs to agencies, and supplying engaging content including key words, ad copy, creative and video
- Developing an annual ticket and pass holder communication strategy to ensure maximum engagement and exceeding the targeted retention rate
- Managing the digital marketing budget without any overspends, delivering the best ROI
- Using data and analytics to identify gaps and opportunities to drive revenue
- Collaborating with all departments including sales, events, F&B and retail teams to maximise the use of the attractions digital channels to improve ticket conversion and support with driving increased customer spending
At Twycross Zoo, youll be part of an evolving and progressive organisation, with staff engagement at its very core. We offer a diverse range of roles and are committed to the fundamental approach of equal opportunities in employment. Our team strives to educate and inspire everyone to care about, and therefore contribute to saving, the other species with which we share our planet.
As The Digital Marketing Manager, You Will Be Working 37.5 Hours a Week, 5 Days Out Of 7, Predominantly Monday To Friday 9am To 5.30pm, Although There Will Be Some Weekend Working. Youll Benefit From
- Permanent contract
- Competitive salary, with the level dependent on experience
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Individual private healthcare upon completion of probation period
- Life assurance upon completion of probation period
- Onsite retail and catering discounts
- Free zoo entrance ticket for your days off, plus an allowance of tickets to use with friends and family throughout the year
- Experience gained within a similar B2C digital marketing role, specifically including managing websites, databases, and ECRM platforms
- Understanding of ticketing systems
- Experience managing relationships and workload with marketing agencies
- Experience with Google campaigns and paid social advertising
- Experience of database management including segmentation
- Good working knowledge of Google Analytics to monitor and report on success
- Analytical mindset with exceptional attention to detail
- Have a genuine interest in the Zoos work and purpose
- Self-starter who is organised with the ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Superb Microsoft Office knowledge, in particular Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
More About Us
Twycross Zoo is at the forefront of conservation, education, and research. We have a strong commitment to our award-winning education programme, aiming to increase the level of awareness, knowledge and understanding of visitors about our animals. We aim to inspire visitors to support biodiversity conservation in any way they can.
This is an exciting time to join Twycross Zoo as we have been awarded £20m grant funding to develop the National Science and Conservation Centre (NSCC) on the Twycross Zoo site. The NSCC will support vital work around species conservation. It will bring together experts in conservation science and train the next generation of conservationists, whilst offering researchers from around the world the opportunity to study the four great apes and other endangered species, in naturalistic complex environments. The facilities will include a lecture theatre, classrooms, and laboratories, all planned to open in 2024.
How To Apply
All applications for this Digital Marketing Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Please include a cover letter with your CV highlighting your salary expectations.
Shortlisting and interviews for this Digital Marketing Manager role will take place while the advert is live; the vacancy will be closed as soon as the successful candidate is appointed. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.