Digital Marketing Manager - Brighton
*compare my salary
About the Job
Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic person who wants to develop their marketing career and loves travel? If so, then we want to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity to join a business with huge growth potential. We’re a Brighton-based travel company who believe that good things happen when we travel. This means that everyone can benefit from travel whether it is local communities, travellers, our team or the environment.
Amidst our quest to make good things happen when we travel, our marketing team’s goal is to tell our story to travellers looking for an authentic holiday experience. Whether you excel in creating travel content, optimising the customer funnel or analysing trends, your goal is to drive leads and help us grow the market for tailor-made holidays through strategic actions, partnerships, and tech expertise.
**See below for how to apply**
What is the role?
To manage and grow the marketing function, bringing impact and passion to drive business growth towards becoming a market-leader in sustainable travel. This is a diverse role covering many aspects of the marketing mix, and we are looking for someone with the confidence and drive to make great things happen.
The role is full-time, based in central Brighton 80% of the time.
- Create and implement digital marketing strategy across different channels to drive growth
- Optimise SEO to increase organic traffic and quality leads generated
- Identify opportunities for new content and outreach/external linking opportunities
- Oversee and evaluate website performance; SEO, user experience, content creation and CRO
- Point of contact for web manager and developers
- Contribute and implement creative and engaging content across the blog and website, including general website maintenance
- Understand and evaluate PPC campaigns looking to lower CPA
- Report, analyse and make recommendations on performance and campaigns
- Oversee social media strategy
- Working alongside our email and customer acquisitions lead
- Collaborate with, and support the sales team to further identify customer needs and opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues in the wider international business to share best practices, ideas, and efficiencies.
- As a senior member of the business, you will report directly to our MD and be part of the strategic decision-making group.
- Managing a team of 2 initially and agencies/contractors where necessary ensuring deliverables are met
What have you got?
- Relevant digital marketing management experience in a B2C environment, and a desire to combine all things digital with travel.
- Track record of delivering multi-channel campaigns to generate leads showing a passion for understanding their target audience
- Expertise across all things digital: search, social, ads, content and web.
- Data, analytical and technical skills – Excel, WordPress, HTML, Power BI
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and SEO tools eg Ahrefs, Moz and creative tools like Canva
- A good understanding of the marketing mix and how this can be used to nurture leads and loyalty.
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset, who is up for a challenge and capable of big-picture thinking
- Is close to the numbers and wants to drive the business forward balancing commercial goals with
- You must be a hard worker, but a strategic one. Focus your efforts where you can have the most impact.
- Great communication and leadership skills
- Able to tell a story and bring people along with them
- Interested in technology, open to ideas and change, and eager to continue learning
What’s in it for you?
- A highly competitive salary
- Annual company performance-based bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays flexibility
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual travel insurance
- Healthcare Cash Plan scheme
- Travel opportunities
- Cycle to Work, childcare vouchers, gym membership
- Brand new office space in The Lanes in Brighton
- Obligatory beer fridge, lunchtime yoga, and a culture of making work fun.
- Hybrid and flexible working.
How to apply?
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience please send the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter outlining why you would like to work for us, and your suitability for this role.
- 200 words describing your unobvious skill, experience, qualification or interest that compliments your traditional marketing background. What is it that sets you apart?
- Your CV
- Anything else you want to include!
Applications for this position will close 15 December 2023
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.