Digital Video Producer, ITV News (12 Month FTC) - London
About the Job
Our mission is to reach new audiences, on new platforms with new digital content.
This exciting role will see you working on our award-winning social team. It will require you to create content for our two products aimed at younger audiences, The Rundown and Here’s The Story, as well as providing curated video content for our social platforms.
You'll need the skillsets to deliver across multiple platforms, creating compelling and visually engaging videos, as well as showcasing the best of ITV News' television journalism for the 18-24 audience on social. You'll also be responsible for creating original journalism on topics and issues close to the heart of that age group.
You'll be responsible for helping create impact with our own original social content, as well as with repurposed content from the best of ITV News journalism and journalists
The ideal candidates will be able to come up with great ideas, storyboard videos and use motion graphics to produce videos that grab and hold the attention of young people on their mobiles - and you'll have the experience and showreel to demonstrate this.
- Research, write and edit the Rundown, coming armed to the morning meeting with ideas that will engage the target audience and turning round high-quality edits within a few hours
- Create original videos on topics and issues of relevance to 18-24 year olds for our award-winning Here's The Story brand, demonstrating an understanding about the stories that matter to that audience
- Create mobile-first video for social platforms using material from ITV News programmes, live content and archive, with the aim of reaching an 18-24 audience on social who consume news away from ITV News bulletins
- Use graphics to deliver visually engaging videos and help define the visual identity of the new service
- Write scripts for short and long form video of the highest quality, aimed at the audience but within the highest expectations and standards of the ITV News brand. Also you’ll be required to provide written articles around your stories which should engage audiences on our own site as well as 3rd party platforms such as Apple News
- Pitch and deliver original and exclusive digital journalism across multiple platforms
- Edit multiple videos a week, with the ability to produce complex video to tight deadlines
- When required, shoot material to the highest standard on mobile phone and DSLR
- Provide imaginative treatments for complex stories, presenting complex ideas simply and in an engaging way
- Create engaging content across multiple platforms, taking a story idea and be prepared to deliver it in horizontal and vertical video formats, as well as delivering audio when required as well as high-quality written articles for the website
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the ITV News operation as and when required
- Produce videos to the highest standards of quality, accuracy and trust, in line with audience expectations of ITV News and Ofcom regulations
- Make engaging thumbnails and descriptions for videos when uploaded to social channels
- Work in accordance with ITN guidelines on health and safety in the office and in the field
- Relish working with new mediums and formats, adapting content in response to new platforms, audience demands, and analytics
- The role is office based but with the ability to work from home as well as in the field
These are the main requirements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- A first class video editor and storyteller who can produce compelling videos on a wide range of subjects to a young audience - both in 16x9 and vertical formats
- Experience of using motion graphics (Adobe After Effects) to deliver visually engaging videos and to enhancing storytelling on mobile devices
- First-class understanding of social platforms and audiences
- Excellent understanding of the topics and issues of interest to an 18-24 audience
- An ability to communicate and connect with younger audiences
- Ability to storyboard and script videos in an authentic and engaging way to the target audience
- Ability to produce original digital stories, journalism and investigations
- Ability to write to a high standard, both for story scripts as well as for articles on the website
- Ability to shoot material to the highest standard
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail around often complex and controversial material
- A proven track record of delivering stories that strike at the heart of a youth audience
- Ability to innovate in digital video formats
- Ability to edit under time pressure and to a high standard
- An understanding of trends and topics that affect a diverse range of communities across the UK
- A proven record as a team player, as well as someone who's able to work alone and self-motivate
- Expert understanding and knowledge of social media, working across a wide variety of platforms
- Experience of writing for and posting online content via a Content Management System (desired)
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be offered, if required, due to a disability or health condition. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application, or at any stage throughout the process, if this is something you want to explore.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.