Director of Digital, CRM & Ecommerce - London
About the Job
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL, CRM & ECOMMERCELondon, Hybrid, 37.5 hours
Ready to bring passion into your career?
A global leading skincare and make-up company, Clarins group is the embodiment of a committed family history, with a fierce passion for innovation and spirit of independence. Its raison d’être is "making life more beautiful, passing on a more beautiful planet".
Operating in more than 150 countries, we are now the number one skincare company in Europe and are accelerating our development on all other continents, particularly in Asia and the Americas.
Because our 8,000 talents are unique, we are committed to promoting diversity in all its forms.
Do you want to help write the next chapter of our story? We are looking for a Director of Digital, CRM & Ecommerce based in London.
The Director for Digital, CRM, and e-commerce at Clarins UK plays a pivotal role within the company's leadership, overseeing various aspects of digital strategy and online to drive brand expansion. This role involves defining and implementing strategies across digital touchpoints, including clarins.com, performance channels, CRM, and digital media, with a focus on enhancing traffic, conversion, sales, and loyalty. Additionally, the Director is responsible for the entire e-commerce profit and loss statement and leveraging data insights to optimise the direct-to-consumer offering and customer experience. Effective management of a skilled team is crucial, ensuring alignment with marketing and sales departments to maintain a consistent strategy and exceptional customer service across all channels.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the UK and global digital strategy, aligning with the leadership team and Global Digital team to drive cohesive initiatives while respecting local business needs.
- Lead the execution of brand communication strategies, targeting a younger clientele and retaining existing customers through engaging content across all relevant channels.
- Grow the online Direct to Consumer business, ensuring synergy with integrated marketing plans and in-store activities while upholding brand values.
- Develop and implement aggressive growth strategies for the brand website to meet online sales targets.
- Optimise Ecommerce channels (PPC, SEO, social, email) to enhance customer acquisition and retention.
- Oversee website content and functionality, adopting a test and learn approach for continual innovation and improved customer experience.
CRM & Data Analytics:
- Establish a centralised database integrating consumer, purchase, and product data for an omnichannel approach.
- Create CRM programs to drive consumer acquisition, retention, and conversion, ensuring personalised communication.
- Provide data analysis for major campaigns, evaluating media impact and informing marketing strategies.
- Develop effective digital campaigns leveraging various media platforms while ensuring efficiency and optimization.
- Maximise 1st party data usage and manage relationships with global media partners to maximize value for the UK market.
- Drive awareness of the online personal shopping service and integrate it into the consumer journey.
- Develop an exclusive calendar of events to engage new and loyal customers and explore monetization opportunities.
- Oversee customer service strategy, supporting Head of Customer Services with KPIs and NPS.
- Implement global initiatives/projects impacting UK customer service systems.
- Create and monitor short and long-term digital marketing budgets, optimising Ecommerce profitability.
- Ensure alignment with forecasting for product launches and replenishment of website SKU lineup.
- Develop business cases for heavy investment initiatives.
- Lead a team of 50 individuals, fostering their growth and personal development.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to align IT and digital systems strategy.
- Secure buy-in from sales team for all in-store digital initiatives.
Social Media channels
· Ensure a unified brand tone of voice and content that creates sense of community and grow engagement for the brands’ followers and fans.
· Oversee the management of all social media activity – organic and paid - to drive recruitment of a younger audience while also engaging with our core customers.
· Actively work with PR to leverage the Influencer programme in the most efficient way to pivot brand perception and to grow our Earned Media Value.
- Educated to a degree level, ideally with a relevant business or marketing degree.
- Highly creative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are equipped with excellent relationship management skills and with the ability to provide strong leadership.
- 10 years of digital marketing or Ecommerce experience.
- Proven success of revenue generation using multi-channel demand generation campaigns.
- Experience with CRM and automation systems.
- Excellent project management and process improvement capabilities.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with the ability to produce action driven insights from multiple data sources from strategy through to execution, analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated understanding of ecommerce environment and awareness of ecommerce trends and innovations.
- Experience working with customer segmentation and personalisation.
- Close to 70 years of expertise in beauty and spa, with the Clarins and myBlend brands.
- Unique products and innovative services. Priya
- A commitment to Social & Environmental Responsibility embedded in our raison d'être.
- A caring and inclusive corporate culture.
- Development and training opportunities.
- Attractive compensation and benefits.
- We Care Day – Volunteering.
- A flexible work environment, with up to 2 days of remote working per week.
If you have a curious mind, a thirst to go further and the drive to boldly take on new challenges, join us.
At Clarins Group, we believe in making life more beautiful for our employees and our customers. Inclusion and diversity are firmly grounded in our core values, which are part of our DNA. We strive to achieve inclusiveness and we foster an equal-opportunity culture where everyone can reach their full potential and do their best work. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.