Director, Digital Execution EMEA
About the Job
Job Description - Director, Digital Execution EMEA (UNI00C7)
Director, Digital Execution EMEA - UNI00C7
Company : Worley
Primary Location : United KingdomOther Locations
Job : Project Delivery Systems
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type : Employee
Job Level : ManagerJob Posting Unposting Date
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit
ROLE: Director, Digital Execution
REPORTS TO: Group Director, Digital Standards & Enablement
LOCATION: Any major Worley office within EMEA
TERMS: Permanent, full time, hybrid
The Director, Digital Execution provides regional leadership for digital project execution, driving adoption of standard tools and benefits realisation, connecting GPD DE CoE expertise and providing digital execution governanceon pursuits and projects, ensuring the business is equipped to deliver on our customers' digital delivery requirements.
- Drive flawless digital project execution through accelerated standardised digital transition and adoption in the regions.
- Partner with the business regions and locations to connect them with GPD DE CoE expertise for specific pursuits and project needs, including product managers for functional input and GPDS for technical input and implementation needs.
- Work with sales on customer intelligence to anticipate customer integration and digital handover requirements.
- Provide leadership on 'game changer' initiatives and support local initiatives to increase adoption and rapidly accelerate digital project start-up and delivery including:
o Accelerated Project Start-up
o Project in a Box
o Deployment of digital execution sales framework
o Develop scalability execution framework and matrix
o Project systems process management system modernization (including automation of deviation process and other key governance processes)
o Digital standards marketing material refresh
o Digital adoption dashboard and footprint 2.0
- Capture and sharing of best practice, lessons learned from past projects and feed into continuous improvements.
- Coordinate with key business leadership, major projects leads and project delivery functional owners to ensure digital standards needs are known and supported; and the benefits are understood and tracked in the regions.
- Lead global enablement communities, partnering with regional digital delivery leaders to drive the digital enablement strategy.
- Track regional standard tools non-conformances and deviation requests.
- Support optimal utilisation of Dx-labs within regions.
- Perform regular digital execution governance activities from throughout the Project lifecycle (from pursuit through to handover) including peer reviews to verify compliance with Worley standards and Customer data handover requirements.
- Support enhancement and development of digital standards strategies and roadmaps in collaboration with Product Managers, business stakeholder groups and other GPD DE CoE partners.
- Support where required, GPMO initiatives relating to systems implementation, change management and communication.
- Keep abreast of current and future digital technologies and delivery methodologies, engaging with our vendors to push the boundaries, continually improve and innovate our digital technologies to accelerate digital project execution.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with the following key stakeholder groups:
o Project Delivery Regional Leadership and Location Management
o Major Projects Regional Leadership
o Regional PDS Organisation & Leadership
o Location Change Champions and Networks
o Global Project Delivery Systems (GPDS) Team, including Technical Product Managers
o Functional Product Managers
o GID leadership
o Regional sales and business development teams
o Customer Solutions team
o Other GPD DE CoE partners including BRM regional points of contact
- Actively participate in regional digital and PDS Leadership forums and networks - representing the CoE.
Job Specific Knowledge / Experience
Deep domain knowledge in the use of a suite of EPC/EPCM project delivery-specific applications in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors.
Hands-on practical experience as a project delivery services leader and/or Digital Execution Managerat global or regional level.
Project management and systems deployment.
Experience with project information management practices and contractual digital data handover requirements.
Sound understanding of business analysis techniques and methods to extract requirements, document processes and translate business needs into functional outputs.
Demonstrated experience with working with technical solutions experts to translate functional requirements into robust fit-for-purpose technical solutions.
Understanding of the importance of applications architecture as it relates to systems strategy and tools selection.
Understanding of Worley global standard tools, integrated systems landscape and systems support/operating model highly desirable.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience;
PMP or Prince2
CBAP certification an advantage
ITIL certification an advantage
Scrum/agile certification an advantage
Change Management accreditation an advantage
Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant HSE systems.
Assure compliance of all HSE systems, processes and procedures through the training, competence and performance of all personnel (Worley and others).
Achieve the objectives of the Zero-Harm vision through proactively implementing actions and/or corrective or mitigating actions, and by maintaining an overall knowledge and awareness of the work-place environment (operations, layout, hazards, risks, concurrent activities, personnel, etc.).
Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance.
Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Power suite (incl. Power BI)
Demonstrated understanding of systems implementation, integration and lifecycle management processes
High-level understanding of enterprise architecture
- This role requires a high-level of sophisticated internal consulting capability, including the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Interpersonal: Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the organization; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; communicates clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters. Employs the principles of active listening and encourages feedback from others.
- Teamwork: Enjoys working in a small high calibre team with high visibility to senior stakeholders. Able to work and liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders, deal with strict deadlines, able to prioritise workloads and help other team members to achieve team goals.
- Action Orientation: Achieves results set by self and others, meets timelines, pushes to achieve stretch goals, and demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity. Breaks down work into executable tasks.
- Intellectual Capacity: Deals with new concepts and complexity comfortably. Examines problems carefully and thoroughly and understands their interdependencies. Can pull information and ideas from many sources and see the importance of many factors.
This role may be located near any major Worley office within the EMEA region. Some travel is required on an ad hoc basis.
What We Offer You:
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.