EMEA Sports Marketing Manager - Running - Warrington
About the Job
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
New Balance are looking for an EMEA Sports Marketing Manager Running responsible for developing and managing a highly credible Running Sports Marketing program to ensure consistent activation and visibility for EMEA Tier 1 athletes and events across the region.
Working closely with the Global Sports Marketing team and aligning with the Global Sports Marketing strategy, the successful candidate will build and develop best practice within the EMEA Running Team, that can allow New Balance to achieve a ‘Leadership position in running’.
- Oversee the implementation of the Global Sports Marketing strategy within the EMEA region
- Maintain and develop a highly credible athletes’ program in EMEA in collaboration with local marketing teams
- Ensure an optimal professional relationship with athletes and service them the best individual package (performance, marketing, communication), and ongoing optimization of these partnerships
- Overseeing all running athlete signings and event contracts for the EMEA region, in alignment with Global Sports Marketing teams
- Lead communications with local/regional & Global Marketing teams on athlete integration in marketing activities and events
- Oversee all athlete product assortments
- Key stakeholder in all contracts and partnerships with all running event in EMEA
- Oversee internal reporting for all EMEA athlete successes
- Constantly manage analysis and results of the EMEA running athletes and event’ portfolio
- Extensive travel to key local, regional, and global running events and athletes activations
- Passion for running
- Specialist knowledge and strong experience of elite performance running across track & field, road and trail running
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders involved within the running industry under the governance of World Athletics
- Minimum 5 years of sports marketing experience: athletes & events
- Team Player
- Excellent project management and organization skills with impeccable attention to detail
- High-level communication skills and people-first mindset
- Able to evaluate priorities
- Confident, assertive, and polite
- Total customer satisfaction mindset
- Takes responsibility/accountability
- Ability to work weekends and unsociable hours
- Discretionary Bonus Opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Hybrid working (2-3 days on-site)
- 25 days Annual Leave per year, increasing with service
- Life Insurance
- On Site Gym
- Employee Discount
New Balance is committed to equality of opportunity for all current and prospective associates regardless of age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment. We are an equal opportunity employer and support a culture of diversity and inclusion.
If you have not already done so, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.