Global Product Marketing Manager, Networking & Telecom - Hybrid - Maidenhead
About the Job
Reports to: Director Product Marketing
Location: Westford, MA or Plano, TX or Ottawa, CA or Maidenhead UK
FSLA Status: Full Time
Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN) delivers communications software, IP and optical networking solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors globally. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in today's smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, and agility, including core to edge software-centric solutions, cloud-native offers, leading-edge security, and analytics tools, along with IP and optical networking solutions for 5G. To learn more about Ribbon, please visit rbbn.com.
The product marketing team is the hub for go-to market planning, sales enablement, and new product introduction. Our goal is to provide the product positioning, content, and engagement required to enable our sales staff and channels to beat the competition. Solutions include both real time communications and IP networking offerings.
The Product Marketing Manager’s role bridges the gap between obscure technical specifications and compelling customer value propositions. Individuals will promote Ribbon solutions with both internal and external customers. This position requires an applicant to confidently deliver solution content to both live and virtual audiences. Applicants must create their own marketing content, including web text, presentations, data sheets, whitepapers, and blogs. The selected applicant will help develop video scripts, support public relations, and support broader branding activities. Product Marketing Managers are expected to study the latest technology trends and competitive threats.
Ribbon maintains a relatively flat organization structure. As such, the Product Marketing Manager will meaningfully participate in the development and execution of the company’s vision, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Function as an spokesperson for Ribbon’s telecom and networking products by creating and leading sales training as participating in customer engagements.
- Create engaging content (typically in word or PowerPoint) to highlight product value propositions and develop materials/tools to support our teams with the selling process.
- Support Sales with product related information, collateral, and customer engagements.
- Provide messaging and go to market strategies that highlight our competitive value.
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape for competitive telecom and networking solutions to provide actionable intelligence to Sales and Channel Partners.
- Support our demand-generation teams by providing engaging content to inform and drive followership amongst target audiences.
- Required to demonstrate excellent in-person and web-based presentation skills.
- Required to demonstrate creation of compelling content in MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- General experience with modern web tools and web optimization strategies.
- Experience with online market data research and analysis and summarization.
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team as well as independently.
- Ability to advocate for Marketing’s value in a cross-functional team.
- 10% to 30% travel
- 7+ years of experience in IP networking and telecommunications marketing.
- Strong technical aptitude and business knowledge.
- Track record of learning new technologies, market segments, and business models.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
'All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, on the basis of disability, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.'
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.