Graphic and Print Designer - Manchester
Boohoo Group PLC
About the Job
boohooMAN is a worldwide fashion destination, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Product is everything to us and we're not in the habit of doing anything sub-standard, not now, not ever. Creativity is key and delivering strong creative concepts is crucial to the brands vision, with our core values: Be involved, Be disruptive, Be bold.
The Design Team look for inspiration all around the world, along with street style, vintage shopping, music, sport, art, the catwalk and all things creative, to design the latest product for the range. It's all about newness, and finding and designing the most exciting product for our customer, whatever their style.
What you'll be doing
- Researching, directing and designing the Menswear print and graphics areas
- You will have a strong ability to identify key print trends and print big deals for the season
- You'll draw influences from a wide range of sources - from Instagram micro trends through to seasonal global trends and catwalks - and will drive print newness
- Through the ranges always thinking about customer segments and end uses
- Offering constant quick response print newness to the design and buying teams. You will demonstrate excellent agility, identifying trends and delivering them at speed
- You'll also have a good knowledge and understanding of working with print studios and print mills, along with excellent colour technique and fabric knowledge
- Working closely with our in-house design team, you will have responsibility for your own departments alongside the relevant clothing designers
- Reacting to sales information you will be responsible for designing commercially relevant fashion-forward prints, updating best sellers and always ensuring newness
- You should be organised and focused, adhering to the critical path to meet deadlines, ensuring product is developed within the relevant timeframe
- Proactive in identifying departmental print needs and helping to drive newness and problem solve for the areas you are responsible for
- Travelling for inspirational and comparative trends in print and graphics direction and the ability to produce comparative print and graphic trend reports
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We're passionate, agile, creative and one team.
More About You
- Computer Skills: Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustator, procreate and CAD
- Confident working across all print categories with a strong graphics focus i.e. placement graphics and typography.
- Ability to work across a variety of mediums. Have strong drawing skills and the ability to work across a multitude of handwritings.
- Strong commercial handwriting and understanding of the boohooMAN brand and customer
- Fashion forward-thinking and directional trend print eye
- Brilliant time management and resilience
- Highlights problems and suggests solutions, seeking practical ways to overcome barriers and remaining calm under pressure
- Ability to communicate confidently, effectively and appropriately with colleagues, suppliers, wider team & senior management
We've set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we're 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You'll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There's up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.