Graphic Designer - Newry
*compare my salary
About the Job
Hey! We’re Kukoon Rugs and we’re pleased to meet you! We're going to start by talking about our exciting new Graphic Designer position, but if you'd like to know more about the company then just reach out and we’ll fill you in!
Kukoon is a popular instore and online homeware brand that caters to the trend conscious customer. We’re known for a diverse range of rugs and we pride ourselves on staying ahead of homeware trends, providing customers with the latest styles and designs at affordable prices. This is an exciting time to join this forward thinking, progressive brand. Passionate about creating compelling visual content that showcases the product and the brand in the best possible light. We are seeking a talented and creative graphic designer to join our team and help us elevate the brand through captivating visual content. As our Graphic Designer, you'll be responsible for designing digital and offline assets for use across all our platforms, in line with briefs, in the correct format and to meet campaign deadlines! Along with our marketing team you will be involved in developing campaign ideas to achieve results and to build our brand presence in the Irish and UK markets.
What else will I be doing…
- Full knowledge and understanding of formats across all platforms. Understand the brief, proactively work with colleagues to deliver designs on time and to a high standard
- Participate in design discussions and give feedback during planning and strategy meetings (yes you’ll have to go to meetings!)
- Translate ideas into design proposals, tailored to work across all platforms and channels and in synergy with other non-digital campaigns
- Channels & formats include: digital assets in static, video, motion GIF, and responsive HTML for a range of platforms from social, CRM, display advertising, email, website, mobile, POS and offline advertising
- Creating and Editing Video content with supers/graphics (web site, you tube, social channels, digital screens etc…)
- Social from stories to reels
- Staying up to date on industry trends and the latest digital design software
- Test assets and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Be our internal expert on best practice digital design.
- Managing your time effectively to produce designs to achieve KPIs and meet targets
- Developing a robust reporting process to reflect your performance against KPIs and goals. (KPIs will be around quantity of content, campaign performance etc…)
- Maintaining and challenging standards across all channels in keeping with our brand direction
What we're looking for in you
- Demonstrable graphic design experience (hint: Sending us your portfolio and any examples of success will be a big hit!)
- Proven track record of producing designs that achieve results and meet specifications
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Canva and post-production techniques
- Ability to create video content, including motion graphics and promotional videos, using After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Brand Consistency: Ensure all designs content aligns with the brands style and voice
- A good sense of humour, if you're the kind of person who thinks that puns and dad jokes are a form of art, then you're already halfway there . Loving home interiors is a definite plus!
- But it's not all fun and games (although it mostly is). You'll need to have the analytical skills of a data scientist to know what's working and what's not, and be as flexible as a yoga instructor (because plans change!)
- We're looking for someone who's not afraid to take risks, push boundaries, and bring a little bit of sass to our brand.
So, if you're ready to take on the challenge of collecting 100 different ideas from our very creative (read: opinionated!) team and channelling them into one outstanding piece of design work that achieves results then send us your CV and let's see if you're Kukoon material.This role is based in our Newry offices. We like to look lovingly at each other across the office floor and throw paper aeroplanes so unfortunately no remote working is available!
What do we offer in return?
We have a high-performance culture which is balanced evenly with work and play:
- 4 day working week, 6 months per year! Have every Friday off between April and September without using any Annual Leave!
- Highly competitive salary
- Joining one of the UK’s top online Home & Decor companies, with ambitious growth targets and significant international expansion plans.
- Experience in a fast paced digital-first company that thrives on continually improving
- Electric Car onsite charging
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Basically giving rugs away for free with a huge employee discount!
- Great working culture that values people who work hard, achieve results and like to have a bit of craic doing it.
- Perfect for someone who thrives in a company championing work/life balance
We are Kukooners
We're one big tribe of misfits who thrive on collaboration but what makes us unique is our individual differences. We've created a culture of belonging and we celebrate the diversity our Kukooners add to our teams. We encourage authenticity, different views, and new ideas to enable us to create a brand and products that our customers enjoy and love.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: In person
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.