Head of Digital and Engagement - London
British Universities College Sports
*compare my salary
About the Job
Design and implement digital and data strategies for sustainable organisational growth and to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Design and deliver the Communication and Engagement Strategy to students, members and the public.
Main duties and responsibilities
Digital and Data
- Design and deliver the Digital and Data Strategy.
- Own and define the vision and strategy for our customer value proposition, across web, mobile, broadcast and social media channels.
- Provide accessible high-quality data, insight and advice to inform the delivery of organisational strategic objectives.
- Deliver quality digital platforms, including CRM, email marketing platforms, website and the Competitions Management System (BUCS Play), through consultation with staff at member institutions and BUCS.
- Optimise integrations between digital systems to provide excellent customer experience and enable a single customer view and ensure effective user adoption.
- Use audience research and insight to understand the needs of all segments of BUCS’ audience to improve service and drive engagement and revenue.
- Work with the Commercial Team to provide innovative data-driven engagement, insight, analysis and solutions to enable revenue growth.
- Ensure data is managed effectively and secured to appropriate standards, including compliance with GDPR and cyber security.
Communication and Engagement
- Deliver effective and appropriate student engagement though social media and email communications.
- Design and deliver a stakeholder engagement plan to enable excellent corporate communication, consultation and engagement to staff at member institutions.
- Manage, motivate and develop the Digital and Engagement Team staff.
- Embed a culture of efficiency, data capture and evidence-based decision-making amongst BUCS staff.
- Play a key leadership role within BUCS to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Mange the BUCS brand.
- Manage the Digital and Engagement budget.
- Deliver increased business efficiency and effectiveness through management and development of processes and systems.
Essential knowledge or experience
- Designing and delivering data and digital strategies to deliver organisation objectives.
- Designing and delivering communication and engagement strategies to provide excellent internal and external customer experience.
- Managing digital transformation projects.
- Leading the design, procurement and user adoption of business-wide digital platforms.
- Defining and executing on customer value propositions.
- Integrating digital systems to provide excellent customer experience and enable a single customer view.
- Designing and delivering strategies and analysing data to facilitate revenue growth.
- Managing CRMs and email marketing platforms, including segmentation, campaign management, interactive marketing, and data mining and analysis.
- Data protection standards, including those associated with GDPR and Cyber Security.
Essential skills and abilities
- Proven track record of utilising technology and pro-actively driving cross-business solutions to improve efficiencies.
- Analysing situations and processes, and designing, consulting on and delivering business solutions and change management.
- Operating at leadership level and managing, developing and leading staff.
- Delivering clear and succinct communication to a range of audiences via various media.
- Gathering, analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prioritising work to meet deadlines and deliver against agreed objectives while working on concurrent projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations internally and externally.
- Utilising technology to improve business efficiency.
- Creative problem-solving skills, energy and enthusiasm.
Desirable knowledge or experience
- The student sports sector.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Paid volunteer time
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute:
- London (preferred)
Work Location: In person
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.