Head of Digital Marketing Operations & Automation - London
ASCENTIAL GROUP LIMITED
About the Job
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations & Automation
We're looking for a Head of Digital Marketing Operations & Automation to join our team in London as part of our Marketing function.
Your team: Reporting to the SVP Digital Marketing the Head of Marketing Operations & Automation will be a key member of the Digital Marketing (DM) Management team.
Your Role: It is essential for you to fully embody the beliefs of the Ascential Future division and take responsibility for key areas such as digital marketing strategy and execution in alignment with our brands. This includes collaborating with Ascential brands to understand their objectives and evolve briefs to create audience-driven experiences. You will also be accountable for ensuring seamless delivery of digital marketing initiatives, driving immersive experiences through marketing automation, and evolving our approach to Account Based Marketing (ABM). Additionally, you will be responsible for liaising with technology system teams, owning the global marketing process for all Ascential Future brands, and overseeing brand activity and SLAs. In the absence of Marketing Operations specialists, you will also cover brand campaign management processing and planning.
- Working closely with the other Heads of to continually improve processes and highlight any resource gaps or conflicting priorities that would impact campaign delivery or improvement plans especially when Brands have conflicting priorities that means workloads are difficult to manage
- Working with the brands and performance teams to ensure quarterly review meetings are taking place, goals and optimizations are clear and executed
- Driving alignment with DM SMEs and any external partners on ensuring seamless delivery of DM initiatives including campaign planning tracking, audience selection and activation, email activity and execution.
- Managing the Marketing Automation execution team and helping them to upskill the Marketing Operations team on our Marketing Technology stack.
- Partnering with the rest of the Digital Marketing team to showcasing innovation on a pre-agreed cadence with the SVP Digital Marketing
- Working with the brand aligned Ops specialists to execute against each brand's individual digital roadmap and to ensure appropriate cross brand prioritisation when there are conflicting demands on the execution specialists and ensuring Brand Calendars and Brand Planners are always up to date.
- Quality checking briefs coming in via brands to ensure that they are of the standard that the team can execute well against
- Working with the Digital Analytics team to understand and use the brand KPI frameworks and dashboards, detailing when these require updates/enhancements.
- Ownership of campaign tracking methodology and UTM structures.
- Managing an end to end process on behalf of our brands in reviewing future requirements and any potential changes to the MarTech stack.
- Owning Hive, our workflow system, and producing appropriate reporting on brand activity and running regular review meetings with the brands and to monitor SLAs from both Digital Marketing and Brands
- Working with the Systems Support team as necessary to flag and resolve any system/data issues and co-own the relationship with Adobe and any other appropriate providers.
- Marketo certified and with Salesforce experience
- A background in managing multiple clients/stakeholders
- Strong experience operating in a fast paced environment delivering multi channel initiatives for a global brand(s)
- Previous team management experience
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics would be an advantage.
- Use of Workflow systems - Hive knowledge an advantage
If you don't meet every single requirement, we'd still encourage you to apply. At Ascential, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role we would still like you to apply.
Who are we?
Ascential delivers specialist information, analytics and ecommerce optimisation platforms to the world's leading consumer brands and their ecosystems. We help our customers to make smart decisions that improve performance now, and in the future.
With more than 3,00 employees across five continents, we combine local expertise with a global footprint for clients in over 120 countries. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Why choose us?
At Ascential, diversity, equity and inclusion is core to us. We're a company built around our people - and we're committed to supporting each and every one of them to be the best they can be. We love having a diverse team of people who bring new ideas and different strengths and perspectives to Ascential. Our employee-led groups and networks, Ascential Pride, Black in Business and EmPower: An Ascential Women's Initiative, Shalom Ascential and Latinx, help us to create a place where communities and allies can connect and share experiences. We are proud to have been recognised as a best performer in the FTSE Women Leaders Review for six consecutive years, listed in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and ranked highly in both MSCI and Sustainalytics ESG indexes.
We're committed to ensuring we have a positive impact on the environment and communities in which we operate and we support our people to be more environmentally friendly, including ensuring our pension plan defaults to sustainable options.
We are committed to supporting charities with contributions, volunteer work and knowledge sharing. We have over a decade-long partnership with The Prince's Trust and sponsor initiatives to empower young women and support underserved communities
Recognising great performance is a key part of our culture. Our Awards schemes recognise and reward the brilliant achievements of our people.
We have a truly flexible working environment with a wide range of flexible, hybrid and agile-working arrangements. Conversations about flexible working have always been - and will continue to be - actively encouraged here.
Our benefits and wellbeing package offers flexible benefits you can tailor to your own personal needs, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year - with an option to buy/ sell upto 5 days
- Pension, Life Assurance and Income Protection
- Flexible benefits platform with options including Dental Insurance, Critical Illness and the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Employee assistance programme, season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Volunteering opportunities and charitable giving options
- Great learning and development opportunities.
We want to ensure everyone has the opportunity to perform their best when interviewing, so if you require any reasonable adjustments that would make you more comfortable during the process, please let us know so that we can do our best to support you.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Find out more on what our People say
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.