Head of Marketing UK (m/f/d) UK at internationally growing educational gaming start-up
Edurino We are hiring
About the Job
EDURINO is a new way of educational gaming loved by kids and parents alike. We rethink how kids learn and play with our hybrid learning system that combines a digital app, real figurines and our ergonomic stylus. Our team is dedicated to creating innovative and interactive, game-based learning experiences for preschoolers between 4-8+ years old.
We have a strong investor backing (a.o. DN Capital, Tengelmann Ventures, FJ Labs, b2venture, and Emerge Education) and are about to expand our reach to more learners around the globe!
As the Head of Marketing (m/f/d) for Edurino in the UK, you will play a pivotal role in steering our expansion into the UK market. You will lead the UK Marketing team, as well as collaborate closely with the overall Marketing team, other business teams and the product development.
Reporting directly to our VP Marketing & Growth, you will be responsible for driving growth and brand awareness in the UK, developing and executing marketing strategies to drive Edurino's expansion and impact in the educational toys sector. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned marketing professional with a passion for education and a track record of success in scaling up brands!
Sounds exciting? Then read on (CV is enough!)
We are looking forward to meeting you!
This role can be performed remotely within the UK.
Apply For This Job If You Are Passionate About…
- … pioneering the international expansion of a fast-growing startup.
- … launching an educational toy brand to the UK market and finding the right strategy to acquire customers
- … developing Marketing communication and localising it to the UK market .
- Market Success: Create and execute sales and communication strategies aligned with UK market trends and our business objectives.
- Planning and Tracking: Develop, implement and track comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns aligned with company objectives and target metrics.
- D2C Channel Strategy: Lead our D2C channel expansion strategy to propel sustainable growth and market share expansion in the UK.
- Effective Marketing: Lead and oversee all marketing efforts for Edurino in the UK, including brand positioning, customer acquisition, engagement, and retention strategies.
- Communication Strategy: Develop a strategy for verbal and visual communication targeted to the UK audience and bring this to life in all of our channels
- Brand Consistency: Ensure a unified brand image across all UK touch points in cooperation with the DACH Marketing team.
- Team Leadership: Lead the UK Marketing team, developing them to grow personally as well as grow our market share.
- … completed studies in International Business, Marketing Management, or Business Administration – other related fields is a plus!
- … bring at least 3-5+ years of experience in UK Marketing leadership roles, preferably within the toys, educational, or consumer technology sector (D2C/B2C).
- … gained experience in the areas of Brand Management, Marketing, webshop management, and business development.
- … possess strong analytical skills and proficiency in leveraging data-driven insights to inform decision-making and optimize marketing performance.
- … have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- … demonstrate leadership abilities, including experience managing and mentoring diverse teams.
- … have an affinity for e-commerce and a passion for educational kids products.
- … are a proactive communicator, native in English, and confident interacting with an international-/intercultural team of experts.
as soon as possible
What we believe in
We believe that, in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products. We hire people who are passionate about the product and team, and we favor ability and willingness to learn over experience. EDURINO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender. We foster a work environment that enables personal and professional growth and always strive to find the truth in discussions, independent of seniority or position as all opinions are respected.
What makes us special
- A start-up culture based on trust with flat hierarchies. Join an early stage start-up, take on responsibility from day 1 and be part of the ride.
- A hybrid working mode. Work remotely from wherever you like within Germany or work from our office in Munich (Haidhausen).
- Regular company events. We meet in Munich every 4 months and do fun stuff together. Travel expenses covered.
- Regular team events (online and offline). While remote, we meet online for a pub quiz or a drawing game. While in Munich, we go hiking at Tegernsee, we meet at the "Biergarten" or we do an exit game.
- A multicultural team and English first as our company language. We believe that a variety of perspectives, ideas and cultures lead to better products.
- A share package for every employee. You benefit from the exit of a rapidly growing company.
- Family-friendliness and work-life balance. We have trust-based working hours that offer a maximum of flexibility and self-management.
- Development Opportunities. We offer personal development time during working hours and a yearly development budget of 1.000€.
- Additional benefits. KITA allowance (Germany), the hardware you need (e.g. Mac or Windows), employee benefit offerings with exclusive discounts, bike leasing (JobRad), and a company pension scheme.
- We look forward to receiving your application (CV is enough!). Once we have reviewed it and decide to invite you, we schedule a first 30-minute interview where we get to know each other. After our company presentation, you will have the space to tell us why you would be the perfect fit for us and we are happy to answer all of your questions.
- Depending on the position, there is now a small homework for you - either an art/coding test or the elaboration of some questions within a case study.
- We schedule another interview with the direct report of your position. You will elaborate the task or questions you have solved.
- You (e-)meet one of the co-founders. Depending of the position, we will now ask you for some references.
- After a couple of days, we will get back to you with the final decision and you become part of #teamedurino, yay!
- The following onboarding steps include meetings with your onboarding buddy and your team members, getting to know everyone from both our business and tech team and of course receiving your EDURINO onboarding box!
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.