Lead Digital Portfolio Manager - Ards and north down
Department of Work & Pensions
About the Job
Lead Digital Portfolio Manager: Pay up to 89,995, plus over 27% employer pension contributions, hybrid home working, flexible hours, and great work life balance.
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Digital Portfolio Manager to join DWP's Digital Portfolio team.
As a Portfolio Management community our role is as proactive enablers. We have a lot of activity happening across a huge department, and you'll make sure decisions surrounding the timing, structure, prioritisation, and delivery of our projects & programmes, are correctly planned and managed.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We help people into work and make payments worth over 195bn a year, to support millions of daily users.
Our DWP Digital teams are delivering a once-in-a-generation transformation of products and services that almost everyone in the UK will use, at key times in their lives.
We're using fresh ideas and ground-breaking technologies to create innovative, scalable and user-centric digital solutions that are changing how government works.
The scale of what we do is incredible, and our purpose is unique. We'd love you to join us.
Directing World-class Projects
We're growing our brilliant Portfolio Management community.
As our new Lead Digital Portfolio Manager you will lead your team and a complex pool of stakeholders to deliver a portfolio of digital projects which will change the way millions of people interact with government, look for work and claim benefits.
You will lead in managing new work demand, advising and producing planning strategies and setting up new projects.
You will take a strategic view of new work, working across the department and with service teams to prioritise projects based on reliable assessment of the value that they will bring to DWP and our users.
You will work with Finance Business partners and Product Owners to understand the latest delivery forecasts and to address productivity challenges.
You'll identify delivery blockers relating to specific projects and programmes. And you will develop and implement mechanisms to assure delivery and support financial planning for your portfolio.
You'll be a leader within the Digital Portfolio Management community. You will set standards for delivery, assurance and financial planning processes, identifying KPIs and OKRs to determine whether the scope of the Digital Portfolio is being delivered within funding constraints.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- You will have proven experience of leading large-scale digital portfolios, covering multiple projects or programmes across a broad digital delivery portfolio within a complex organisation.
- You need experience of a lead project delivery role covering the full project lifecycle using agile delivery methods within a Digital organisation.
- You can identify and respond to complex issues using appropriate methods to unblock and resolve.
- You can analyse and interpret multiple data sets to create board level reports to positively influence board level stakeholders, demonstrating highly developed interpersonal and strong communications and presentation skills to tell a compelling story.
- You know how to building successful relationships across organisational boundaries with diverse senior stakeholders.
- You'll have a recognised Portfolio or Project Management qualification such as:
- Management of Portfolios (Foundation & Practitioner)
- Portfolio Management Institute
Details. Wages. Perks.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We work a hybrid model with a mix of home working and some time in the office.
We offer competitive pay from 69,869 to 89,995, based on our assessment of your skills and capability.
You'll be eligible for a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of 27.9% - 30.3% worth up to 23,555 a year.
You'll get a generous leave package starting at 26 days, rising to 31 days over time, plus all the usual bank holidays, and the option to take extra days off on flexi leave.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Hybrid working: some time in a hub with the team, some time at home
- Family-friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award-winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
Click 'Apply' for more information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.