Lead UI Artist - Edinburgh
Build A Rocket Boy
About the Job
As a discipline lead, you will work closely with the Game Director, Design Director, and Art Director for all UI-related topics.
You will work with UI Artists, Programmers, and Designers to implement and create high-quality, adaptable UI. As a Lead UI Artist, you are the topic owner of all topics pertinent to UI, lead the team of UI artists, maintain visual consistency for all UI assets, and help to define the UI pipeline.
This new position is due to growth. You would work alongside our current Lead UI Artist to help create two teams, one for each project.
- Lead a team of UI Artists and be accountable for all UI-related topics.
- Build world-class functional UI working closely with game designers, UI Artists and Programmers.
- Implement UI widgets and systems in Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer.
- Ensure UI correctly adapts to various screen shapes and resolutions with appropriate anchoring and scaling.
- Work with existing and new wireframes for review and approval.
- Work with UI programmers to implement and optimise runtime UI.
- Work with UI artists and designers to realise and polish player experiences.
- Document UI/UX pipelines and workflows.
- 5+ years professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games or other relevant creative industry.
- Experience in leading a UI team.
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles.
- Familiar with UI software architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM).
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer or other game UI systems (Unity UI etc).
- Familiar with Source Control software, preferably Perforce.
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools and digital content creation tools used for UI.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials — office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays - we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days - 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance - full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave - Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme - lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging - electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.