Marketing and Communications Assistant - Bristol
St Peter's Hospice
*compare my salary
About the Job
We’re looking for someone organised and self-motivated to join our busy Marketing and Communications department as a Marketing and Communications Assistant.
If you’re looking for a varied role with lots of momentum, at an organisation you can feel truly passionate about, this could be just the position for you.
This role will allow you to develop a wide range of skills and will see you taking the lead on administrative tasks that cover social media, website, email, press and PR, and our shops. We’re looking for someone who can bring efficiency and energy, allowing us to reach further, raise more and increase the support available for people who need us.
About the role:
The role is really varied, and you’ll have the opportunity to work across the department to keep us moving and delivering, as well as working closely with our colleagues in the retail team, the fundraising team, and the clinical team.
Your role will include:
- Scheduling social media posts using Hootsuite.
- Monitoring social media inboxes and replying to messages.
- Working with external suppliers to get print materials produced and delivered.
- Working with the team to keep comms calendars up to date.
- Monitoring email inboxes.
- Being a point of contact for shops for Marketing requests and enquiries.
- Supporting other members of the team in the delivery of large projects.
- Using Microsoft Office.
What we can offer you:
- Salary up to £23,538 per annum (FTE), dependant on experience
- Permanent role
- Location: Long Ashton and home based (50:50)
- Working hours: 30 per week
About the person:
To be successful in this role you will have previous relevant experience in a similar role. You will need to be able to juggle multiple tasks at once. You’ll be enthusiastic, a team player, adaptable and have an understanding and empathy for the work of the Hospice. You’ll also need to be flexible and able to work the occasional weekend or evening to support out of hours events.
- Providing administrative support for large projects and campaigns.
- Managing social media inboxes and giving great supporter care.
- Producing simple designs using Canva.
- Keeping our Events and Comms calendar up to date.
- Gathering metrics and results from across our various digital platforms, to feed into campaign evaluations.
- Keeping our media contacts and influencers list up to date.
- Monitoring press activity and Google alerts.
- Making simple website updates.
- Responding to Google Reviews, in our Hospice brand tone of voice.
- Uploading consent forms and maintaining the photo and film database.
- Occasionally attending events to set up Hospice branding and monitor social media channels.
- Managing the retail marketing inbox, delivering on requests and being a point of contact for shop managers.
- Owning the print and distribution of all point of sale materials to shops.
- Keeping shop tv screens up to date.
- Owning the ongoing updates to posters in shop windows.
We will be screening and offering interviews as we receive applications and therefore strongly encourage applications as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
We know sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for job if they don't tick every box. If you are excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience, we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could just be what we are looking for!
St Peter's Hospice is a well-loved hospice that provides extensive inpatient and community services, in Bristol and the surrounding areas. Every year St Peter's Hospice makes a difference in the lives of thousands of patients and their families when it matters most.
Many of our staff work directly with patients and their families in nursing, health care and medical jobs. Others raise money to support patient care through our chain of over 40 charity shops and our fundraising activities. We also have a significant number of staff working in varied office-based roles.
Our aim is to provide an inclusive, safe and healthy workplace that boosts creativity and motivation.
Our Inpatient Unit is a state-of-the-art centre of clinical excellence, that was built with the generous support of the people of Bristol. Beyond our Inpatient Unit, you'll find our team in homes and on the phone 24/7. More recently in response to the pandemic we have moved some services online to continue support for our patients.
The Hospice is also a centre of educational excellence and we teach other healthcare professionals about how to care for people at the end of their lives, supporting the NHS and care homes provide end of life care.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £23,538.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.