Marketing Director - London
About the Job
This position will be a hybrid position working a minimum of 3 days a week in the London office.
Who are we?
At Questex, you can make an impact by helping suppliers and buyers connect more efficiently and effectively. Questex is a leading global events, media, and business information company, yet we are still a place where your voice is heard, and your ideas are appreciated. So, you can make an immediate difference in our success while advancing your career.
Questex drives business forward through a rich engagement platform centered on leading events and surrounded by data insights and digital communities.
Check us out here: www.questex.com
Questex is hiring for an energetic, experienced senior marketing professional to lead our marketing team focused on the fast-growing Hospitality Investment and Operational Real Estate businesses. This role will be responsible for the strategy and execution of critical marketing activities across a range of products, using a variety of channels to reach and nurture audiences.
Questex’s Operational Real Estate Team
Questex’s Operational Real Estate team owns and operates market-leading events providing meaningful debate, networking with decision-makers, and an environment that delivers rich experiences. They include the foremost European hospitality investment conference—the annual International Hospitality Investment Forum in Berlin—the UK's Annual Hotel Conference and the Resort and Residential Hospitality Forum. Hospitality Investor is the team’s hospitality investment editorial platform.
As our Marketing Director you’ll support Questex’s success by:
- Promoting our flagship editorial website, Hospitality Investor and associated newsletters and marketing services products
- Promoting our industry leading live events – including the International Hospitality Investment Forum EMEA (IHIF EMEA) held in Berlin, the Annual Hotel Conference (AHC) held in Manchester, the Resort and Residential Hospitality Forum (R&R) held in Athens, the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference (NYU IHIIC) held in New York, and the International Hospitality Investment Forum Asia (IHIF Asia) held in Hong Kong.
- Continue to position Questex as the leading information provider in Hospitality Investment and Operational Real Estate through branding campaigns, direct marketing, social media and thought leadership activities.
- Continue to develop Questex’s community of the most active and emerging equity investors within Hospitality and Operational Real Estate, the Investor Council.
- Delivers all revenues from attendees for in person events
- Instrumental in designing sponsorship/advertising collateral and campaigns to help sales team drive sponsorships and advertising revenues.
- Works with the Market Leader and audience development team to define and drive the strategy for the editorial products (newsletter subscribers, website traffic, building audience funnel, etc).
- Liaise with sales, production/editorial, operations, database teams, design teams, finance and other internal resources as needed.
- Liaise with external client groups: existing and prospective customers, 3rd party vendors, and partners.
- Manages a team of marketers, assigns and manages workloads, advises on prioritisation of tasks and trains team members.
- Partners with sales, production and market leaders to write and implement strategic and tactical plans which match the expectations of the company; draw increasing numbers of sponsors for in person, virtual and digital events, helps drive subscribers to newsletters and traffic to websites, support/grow paid and complimentary attendees, sponsors and submissions for award programs; increases revenue; meets or exceeds quality expectations.
- Identify marketplace trends and potential product development avenues for digital revenue growth – help with new product launches, working with audience development team to identify key audience targets.
- Works with team members to plan and manage execution of all marketing and communications including but not limited to: e-blasts, social media, online advertising, press releases, and supports sales teams in sales lead generation efforts.
- Works with market and event leaders to conduct pricing analysis and set product pricing accordingly.
- With limited direction, manage marketing spend budget to ensure maximisation of ROI
- Manages all marketing initiatives providing strong leadership through effective planning and communication.
- Work with internal design team to ensure all marketing communications, websites and more are in alignment with brand positioning.
- Manages team customer service initiatives including assigning incoming inquiries to relevant team members, managing and overseeing team schedule for managing live chat, and more.
- Conduct ongoing competitive market and industry analysis.
- Tracks all team marketing campaigns and works with them on recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Manages third-party vendor relationships (outside advertising, telemarketing) and ensures that promotional materials are on message, delivered on time and are within budget.
- Works with shared service teams to develop marketing infrastructure and processes.
- Travels and attends events and/or meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, communication, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a B2B or B2C marketing environment – preferably with both digital media and events experience
- 3+ years of management experience – managing team members and overall workload
- Prior experience in events, media, investment, commercial real estate, financial services and/or hospitality
- Strong written and verbal skills, confident working with internal and external clients via email and phone; friendly, positive, service-oriented personality
- Attention to detail; diligent, proactive, organized, accountable, analytical, highly motivated team player, with strong project management skills
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools, and processes with ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth work environment, while managing numerous projects under tight deadlines
- Preferred experience in HTML, Adobe Photoshop and with marketing automation software or email service providers
- Strong working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite (specifically excel)
- Be a results-driven team player with a strong desire to exceed expectations
- You proactively seek to adopt and implement diversity into your work, including valuing diverse backgrounds, experiences and thinking. You also embrace creating and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player and ability to work well with others.
- Why we are here: Helping people live longer and live better by focusing on the Experience Economy.
- What we do: We connect buyers and sellers.
- How we do it: Easy to work with. We deliver superior results. Provide world-class experiences.
- Our DNA is our guiding principles: Collaboration, Honesty & Transparency, Curiosity, Growth, Fun, Purpose Driven
At Questex, we listen to each other and to our customers. And we have fun in a fast-paced, vibrant and supportive environment. We’re big on ideas, not on rigid processes, rules or org charts. We know that life can be unpredictable, so we’re flexible and adaptable to change.
At Questex, you will join a fast-growing company of bright and ambitious but easygoing people from a diversity of professions, experiences and backgrounds. We keep it real. Like to take the lead? Go for it! We encourage innovative thinking and action. Whether you like to create things, manage things or sell things, you can make your mark at Questex.
With offices in New York, Washington, D.C., London & Singapore, we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
Questex is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Expression/Age/Military or Veteran Status/Citizenship Status, or other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.