Marketing Director - Hampshire
About the Job
Are you a senior marketing professional with experience in operational real estate and/or hospitality, and open to an exciting new challenge...?
We are Pegasus Homes, a passionate team with a wealth of experience in creating high-quality homes for independent living for the over sixties.
Our current nationwide portfolio consists of approximately 400 beautifully designed homes across 20 sales outlets from Falmouth in Cornwall to Jesmond in the North East and everywhere in between.
We have ambitious plans to become the UK’s leading Build to Rent developer and operator in the later living sector in the next 2 years and these plans have enabled us to create an exciting new opportunity for a dynamic & strategic Marketing Director to support our existing portfolio and to help lead our growth plans for our future in the Build to Rent market.
About the role
As a highly experienced marketing leader you will provide strategic direction and inspiring leadership and management of our marketing team. You will partner with others across the business to effectively deliver all marketing and communications across our projects including brand management, digital presence, managing external agencies, cost control and providing strong and effective communication internally and externally.
In addition to the focus on our existing portfolio, you will establish and implement our marketing strategy to help shape our new BtR portfolio and the services we are looking to provide to our customers within this.
You'll be home based but engagement is key and you’ll have a regular presence across all of our sites across the UK, as well as collaborating with teams based from our Winchester office on a regular basis.
This is a senior level role which comes with a range of responsibilities, which includes:
- Helping establish and maintain our position within the market. As part of this, you will be the custodian of our website and all of our social media outlets
- Create, implement, and monitor initiatives that increase our market share, enhance our industry reputation and ensure an exceptional customer journey
- Work with stakeholders across the business to shape our product, specification and offering, based on customer feedback and market research
- Work with the COO, Sales Directors & Finance to set and regularly review the marketing budget
- Attend Project review meetings and other key meetings and cascade information as necessary
- Implement and oversee performance of our marketing campaigns
- Recruit, support, coach, motivate and develop your team and set clear objectives linked to our business
- Oversee and coordinate the Marketing team on the fit-out of show apartments and communal spaces in line with our brand and image, working in partnership with the Sales team
- Working with others across the business, ensure that internal communications and marketing are planned and considered to ensure an exceptional employee experience at all times and that internal channels of communications (i.e. newsletter, intranet etc) are always up to date and relevant
- Ensure that we are always active on our social channels and design and implement a long term strategic plan for this to ensure our exposure is effective in establishing our messaging to potential customers and employees and that we are consistently growing our followers.
You’ll be an experienced senior marketing professional with a demonstrated track record of success in driving marketing campaigns that have built momentum and driven quality leads. Marketing experience gained within an operational real estate or a hospitality related sector is an essential criteria for this role.
Great interpersonal skills are essential and you'll be adept and engaging internal and external experts and stakeholders to drive and enhance marketing & communications.
You’ll be creative and tenacious, with an ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with all departments and stakeholders to succeed as well as manage and inspire a team.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working with and through others to help to create, implement and deliver short and long term off-plan, sales and rental marketing strategies to effectively deliver business growth plans
- Offline and digital advertising experience, including Google Analytics, Instagram / Facebook, PPC, SEO
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability for building strong relationships at all levels.
- Familiarity and good working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Experience of G-Suite or highly computer literate with an aptitude and willingness to embrace new technology
- Experience of using financial / business planning software systems such as Anaplan or COINS
- Highly organised self-starter who is adept at working with multiple stakeholders and driving projects to conclusion
- Commercial and creative, self motivated and highly resilient
- Degree in Marketing or
- CIM Level 7 or equivalent or
- Industry relevant experience
Our benefits & rewards
This is a permanent, full time role offering a great package which will be commensurate with your experience, plus annual bonus scheme and great enhanced company benefits which include:
- Generous Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Enhanced annual leave + bank holidays & holiday buying scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Company Discounts Portal
- Two paid volunteering days per annum
- Virtual GP
- Refer a friend scheme and access to internal opportunities
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and are ready for a fresh challenge within a vibrant business then apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
As an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and we do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.