Marketing Executive Apprenticeship - Level 4 - Belfast - Belfast
*compare my salary
About the Job
This scheme is suitable for college and school leavers who wish to pursue a career in Marketing, as well as those people undertaking junior roles in that specific field. If you wish to develop your existing knowledge on Marketing and can see yourself working for the BBC then this is the scheme for you.
You will be provided with everything you need to know to successfully deliver live projects in a range of Marketing areas across the BBC. You are also expected to help shape, support and deliver marketing plans, working in conjunction with the leading Marketing experts within the BBC. You will be expected to support the overall development and delivery of marketing campaigns.
You’ve got to be interested now, right?
What will you be doing?
As a Marketing Executive Apprentice (MEA24), this is a great opportunity to join an exciting BBC team while developing your skills in areas like:
- Business Understanding
- Commercial Awareness
- Marketing Planning & Campaigns
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Management
- Creativity & Critical Thinking Skills
This apprenticeship will help develop your understanding of how the BBC deliver Marketing-related projects to their targeted audience through compelling brand strategies, campaigns and audience engagement. This will enable to you to support the Marketing team in the process of creative asset development. You will also get to run some contained end-to-end marketing campaigns for less complex deliverables in the Marketing Plan.
Where does the role lead to?
After the scheme this will typically lead to a role as a Marketing Coordinator
This scheme starts in September 2024 and is a 15-month Level 4 Marketing Executive Apprenticeship Programme .
Based in Belfast. Please note that we are recruiting for this role in multiple locations, please ensure you're applying on the correct job advert. Candidates must be a commutable distance from the office, as we're unable to support with relocation. You may be required to travel to sites across the UK at times during this apprenticeship - any of this travel will be expensed by the BBC.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for individuals who have a real passion and an eye for marketing across programming and brands.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship, you must:
- Be aged 18 or over when the apprenticeship starts in September 2024
- Have GCSEs in both Maths and English or equivalent e.g. National 4/5s (Scotland) at 9-4 (A-C)
- Need at least 2 A Levels, a relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications. Equivalent qualifications can be found here
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have been resident in either the UK or EEA since September 2021 (Not applicable for individuals under the statuses within EP350 such as Homes for Ukraine)
- Expected to have some limited marketing knowledge, or can demonstrate a clear aptitude for marketing work which involves creative judgement, skills of organisation, and ability to influence and collaborate with others
This scheme is aimed at non-graduates. If you have a degree and you’re interested in Marketing roles at the BBC, we recommend applying for jobs that you can find at BBC Careers.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
Our Marketing Executive Apprentices enjoy;
- Communicating with various stakeholders internally and externally.
- Critically evaluating ideas and information.
- Being organised and efficient.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Working in a deadline-driven department across different BBC Marketing teams, and ad hoc live advertising campaigns.
- Social Media Content
What You Get...
During your apprenticeship
- A starting salary of £20,475
- Industry-leading training through the BBC Academy
- A dedicated Team Manager and Scheme Specialist to help with your development
- Training and Mentoring by industry professionals
- A 35-hour working week, 25 days of annual leave days and a defined pension scheme. Plus discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- An industry recognised Level 4 Marketing Executive apprenticeship accredited by JGA Group.
- Lots of experience to help you seek out new challenges and work opportunities within the BBC and wider industry.
If you'd like to know more about the apprenticeship qualification, see here .
Just don’t leave yourself thinking ‘what if?’ — this is your chance to be part of something special. Think you’re the right candidate? Click on ‘Apply Now’!
Once you've set up your candidate profile you just need to complete the questions in the job specific information section on the application. These questions check you are eligible for the scheme. We encourage you to review your responses to the eligibility questions carefully before submitting. We do not require you to complete any of the optional sections or upload a CV or Cover Letter. We are looking for your potential to bring difference to the BBC.
Applications for this role/scheme are due to close on 8/01/2024. If you are eligible for the scheme you will receive more information about the stages of the process and what to expect. A general overview on the application process can be found here.
Support with your application
Our ambition is that the BBC is for everyone and should include everyone. We are proud to be a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer, and committed to removing disability-related barriers.
We take inclusivity seriously and want to ensure all candidates who are disabled or have long-term health conditions receive the support and adjustments they need. If you require reasonable adjustments for the application process or have access needs you’d like to let us know about, please contact us on email@example.com with the job reference in the subject and we’d be happy to have a conversation in confidence to discuss how we can support you through the process. The job requisition ID for this role is 9388
a Little Bit About The Placements
We are looking for a brilliant Marketing Apprentice to join our Nations Marketing team and to be based in BBC Northern Ireland. It is a hybrid role, combining some working from home with a regular base at Broadcasting House in Belfast and sometimes spending time with other Nations marketing teams especially in Glasgow. You may be required to travel to sites across the UK at times during this apprenticeship.
Our Audiences are at the heart of everything we do in the BBC. We want to deliver value to all, and keep audiences coming back to us every day. In understanding our audiences’ needs, we enable them to discover and connect with all the brilliant content and brands the BBC has to offer. You will be part of BBC Chief Customer Officer Group (CCOG) tasked to ‘make the BBC, loved, famous and valued – inside and out’. You'll be collaborating with wider team colleagues, in Media Portfolio & Creative, you will assist in building brands fit for the digital age, delivery of marketing campaigns and delivering Value to all audiences in the Nations.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.