Marketing Internship - England
About the Job
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is the brains behind lots of your travel bookings. Plane, car or hotel. You name it, we do it. Our technology is used to book that magical family holiday, infamous bachelorette party or long overdue school reunion. While we can't solve mosquito bites or lost luggage, we can simplify a lot of the technical parts of travel, and we're looking for the best thinkers to help us do it.
Annually, we run a 13-month (July – July) internship program comprised of four pillars: The Job, Corporate Social Responsibility, Learning and Development, and ‘Internpreneurship’ (see what we did there?) Our internships are for students seeking a placement year for their third year of their undergraduate degree.
We offer ambitious students like you the opportunity to participate in an immersive and rewarding internship like no other. Because at Travelport, you’ll get the chance to apply your skills and offer solutions to projects that truly matter!
- A global team: Work with teams across the globe; @ Travelport, the world is your oyster.
- Work flexibility: We’re not gymnasts but we’re pretty flexible and hybrid working is the norm.
- Career growth: Our collaborative work culture means you will never be bored offering you lots of opportunities for learning and upskilling.
- Bright future: The opportunity to join us on a permanent basis at the end of your internship.
- Our amazing People: Search for #lifeattravelport posts on LinkedIn to learn and see more about us!
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary & benefits package; plus a very generous holiday allowance!
What does a great Marketing Intern do?
We have several roles within our marketing team across Customer Experience, Digital Marketing and Marketing Research. You’ll collaborate with Travelport’s entire Marketing community where you’ll work closely with our Digital team, PR, Sales, and Internal Communications. These incredibly rewarding placement opportunities will allow you to gain exposure to the world of marketing, while helping move us into a market-leading position as one of the biggest brands in the travel technology industry.
What kind of work could you be doing?
- Collaborate with different teams to develop brand marketing campaigns which help build a positive association with Travelport
- Engage in our digital social media activity, events, corporate website, and editorial content, to ensure our brand values and tone are correctly implemented and conveyed
- Build reports that help us understand the effectiveness of our activity, so we can generate even greater returns and help track our success
- Identify opportunities for improvements by performing data analysis and problem-solving tasks
- Perform customer and internal research across various methods, including preparing surveys and conducting interviews
- Aggregate insights from various and multiple sources to bring to life the customer perspective/opportunity Regularly work on projects with multiple teams, e.g., marketing, sales enablement, and propositions.
Who would do well in these roles?
Studying for a relevant degree is always helpful; more importantly we want to see that you’re passionate, you have a desire to add value and take ownership of projects while working with autonomy and accountability.
Don’t worry, we’ll teach you everything you need to know for you to be successful in your role!
The hiring process:
- 1st step: Your CV application
- 2nd step: An on-demand questionnaire to complete in your own time (we will send you the link) 3rd step: An invitation to attend our Showcase Assessment Day at our Global HQ in Langley, Berkshire late January 2024 where you will have the opportunity to learn more about us!
Interested? We’d love for you to apply!
If you have any questions, get in touch- we’d love to hear from you: Isha.Chana@travelport.com
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.