Marketing Manager - Blagdon
Yeo Valley Production Ltd
About the Job
So, what will I be doing?
As a consumer champion you’ll lead the current and future strategy and planning of Yeo Valley Organic (excl. kids), ensuring we are winning in the categories where we play by creating value for our customers and maintaining a sustainable competitive advantage.
You’ll be a visionary and high performing leader that inspires and develops the skills of the YVO Brand Management team to enable the delivery of ambitious, impactful, and profitable consumer led growth plans.
You’ll live and breathe our company purpose and collaborate with leaders across the business to lead or contribute to projects that support the delivery of our company strategy and brand ambitions.
- Embrace and advocate our company purpose, vision, & long-term strategy to provide meaning and significance to your team, colleague, and partners.
- Lead the future (beyond 24 months) and oversee the YVO strategy for current categories with a clear vision on where to play and how to win, whilst ensuring it is consumer, shopper and customer informed.
- Support, coach and inspire your YVO Brand Management team through valuable conversations, helping them to perform, develop and progress.
- Lead the strategic annual planning cycle and portfolio strategy development for YVO outlining a clear vision, objectives and priorities that supports the long term YVO brand ambitions. Ensure that it is delivered with pace and rigour.
- Oversee the development of a 1–2 year rolling Innovation and NPD pipeline, ensuring all new products have a clearly articulated product positioning, are founded on consumer & shopper insight and are in service of our YVO brand mission and positioning.
- Oversee the development and prioritisation of the 3–5-year innovation road map across all areas whilst leading the long-term development of the YVO indulgence pillar.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the YVO plans are well informed, widely shared and supported. The role network should include (but not be limited to) Head of Marketing, Heads of Category (sales), Senior Innovation Manager & Head of Category & MS&P.
- Lead demand driven business cases for future YVO projects outlining projected benefits and the required investment to make the project successful.
- Support, coach and develop best practise insight development and brief writing for internal and external marketing agencies including consumer & shopper research, concept innovation, pack designs.
- Lead timely first-class Trade Customer engagement for YVO showcasing how YVO Strategy & pipeline can support retailer priorities and grow the sales of sustainable baskets.
- Oversee the justification of marketing investment against YVO ranges and ensure activities are measured and evaluated.
- Oversee YVO product performance and encourage learning loops to fail fast and improve future activities.
- Embrace and work towards the Marketing team values and vision to become a high performing team helping millions of consumers make better food choices every day.
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- A strong track record working on FMCG brands in the UK in a senior marketing role
- Proven experience in brand building including positioning, strategy & portfolio development across short and long-term horizons.
- Proven experience in innovation and introducing new insight led products to market.
- Proven experience in working with buying and trading teams of major mults.
- Proven experience in commissioning consumer research and writing strong agency briefs.
- Experience of brand activation and shopper marketing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Good with numbers and strong analytic skills
- Familiar with good coaching skills as either a coach, learner or both
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- non-contributory pension scheme
- annual bonus (as part of the Employee Benefit Trust, based on company performance for the year)
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.