Marketing Technology Project Management Placement - Watford
About the Job
Duration: 12 Months
Location: EMEA Headquarters, Watford, Hertfordshire
Role: Project Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic Intern to join our Global Customer Experience (CX) team working on our MarTech initiative on a 12-month placement. This placement is ideally suited to a student currently undertaking an undergraduate degree, with a passion for Marketing Technology, Project Management or Technology implementation and change.
From day one, our placement students are fully integrated into Team Hilton and are involved in different aspects of the business. Our placements offer vast exposure and opportunities, such as the opportunity to network with senior executives, involvement in regional conferences and for some, international travel.
Based in our EMEA headquarters, Watford, you will also benefit from a subsidised restaurant, a games area, and a free in-house gym, featuring state-of-the-art equipment, including Peloton. Watford is super conveniently located, just under 20 mins train ride away from the buzz in central London, so perfect to live in a London lifestyle without the cost.
Within the EMEA Corporate offices, you will be part of a cohort of 40+ Interns, working across various corporate teams and involved in our leading intern programme. This includes regular connect meetings, short assignments and feedback sessions designed to support your development.
The Hilton Customer Experience team uses guest insights to evolve our already industry-leading, differentiated channels and deliver frictionless, personalized experiences for our customers. From digital key to controlling your room via our app, we humanize the digital experience to serve our always-connected consumers with unique offerings in the best channels so that they continue to feel that Hilton hospitality every step along their journey with us.
Leading the Hilton hospitality personalised experience is our MarTech team, where as an intern you will be part of the Program team, working as a Project Manager with our CX, Marketing & Technologies partners implementing new/enhance existing technologies and processes. Some of the more specific responsibilities you will be taking on are detailed as follows:
- Create an overarching plan that includes deliverables, owners, dependencies, timeline, risks, issues etc., for a specific initiative/project we are undertaking for MarTech.
- Work with initiative/project leads to manage the project plan, facilitating project update and progress alignment meetings.
- Establish and moderate weekly status calls with key stakeholders to ensure alignment on performance and plans.
- Establish and moderate calls with External Delivery Partners.
- Own/assist in creation of presentation decks that summarize current project status.
- Highlight roadblocks, actively participating in developing mitigation/solutions, and escalating items to leadership when required.
- Create and maintain onboarding documents for new project team members.
- As part of the overall MarTech Program work with other Project Managers to define. standard processes and templates to create a Centre of Excellence for Program/Project delivery.
Why choose us?
Embarking On Our Year In Industry Programme Is a Transformative Journey, Encompassing a Structured Framework Of Learning And Development Activities. Here's What You Can Look Forward To
- Learning and Development: Placement students have access to online learning and in-person workshops to enhance their skills and contribute meaningfully to ongoing projects.
- Networking: Our programme offers our interns the chance to connect with professionals in their chosen industry, paving the way for valuable relationships.
- Feedback and Growth: Regular evaluations and feedback sessions will ensure our interns receive guidance and an opportunity to continually improve.
- Cross-Exposure: Opportunity to gain insight into another function.
- Hilton Perks: Including our Go Hilton TM Travel Program, which provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: £22,000 Gross PA & private healthcare.
As With Any Job, We Do Have Certain Criteria That You Will Need To Meet To Be Considered For One Of These Highly Sought-after Opportunities. These Are Detailed As Follows
- First and foremost, Hilton is a hospitality company, and we are looking for individuals with a strong sense of alignment to our culture and values.
- Must be in your second year of undergraduate study at the point of application studying a degree with a year in industry.
- Must be studying a degree with a focus on Hospitality, Business/Marketing management or Technology.
- Must be available to start in July 2024, for the full 12-month duration.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-UK national, without EU Settled or Pre-Settled Status then you will need to be studying at a UK university to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- Must be fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in Hospitality Management, Marketing or Technology implementation.
- A candidate with good knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Excel, and a pro-active and organised approach is highly sought after for this role.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must for this role.
Hilton is one of the world's largest and fastest-growing hospitality companies, with over 7,000 hotels in 123 countries & territories. Today we have a portfolio of 22 brands across luxury, high-end lifestyle, suites, full service and affordable hotel categories. Our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We have an incredible culture which makes Hilton a great place to work. As a company we are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place To Work, where for the last 2 years we have ranked in the top 3 companies in the UK and in the world. For the last five years we have also been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector (TargetJobs Awards 2021).
We value and celebrate our team members diversities and individualism and foster a culture of belonging across our organisation. Joining Hilton will give you the opportunity to contribute to our rich culture and give back to the community. Our Team Member Resource Groups in UK focus on Abilities, Generations, Pride, Women’s and Ethnic representation. You can find details on our Culture page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of the role. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Beyond the Placement
Once you have been on placement with us you are part of Team Hilton and whilst we cannot always guarantee an offer of employment after your studies, we like to keep in touch. Many interns have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Supply Management, Engineering… The list goes on!
Please apply now, applications close on Sunday 19th November 2023. Our placements are extremely popular, therefore please bear with us whilst we process your application, as we want to ensure each applicant is given the consideration that they deserve.
If successful in your application, you’ll be invited to complete a digital one-way video interview and an online assessment, this allows us to learn more about you and whether this placement might be a great fit! So please do look out for our email updates and we encourage you to complete each next step as soon as possible. The EMEA Graduate Recruitment Team will then contact you and inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) a final interview with one of our hiring managers.
Good luck, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Hilton - Regional Headquarters - Europe
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.