Partnerships and Nonprofit Marketing Manager - London
*compare my salary
About the Job
We are looking for a truly high-achieving individual who is ready to build an A+ customer service & support function for the 100,000s of nonprofits who are using Percent today.
Our mission at Percent is to power purpose in every company and nonprofit worldwide. We are already working with 30+ industry giants such as Google, HSBC & TikTok. We enable them to quickly and easily build giving into their products, whilst facilitating nonprofits to access these innovative new funding streams.
Our donation volume is growing rapidly: in 2021 we donated $3.5m, in 2022, $120m and this year our mission is to enable over $1bn of donations to good causes. To achieve this we need you.
Join our hyper-growth startup and make a difference as Partnerships and Nonprofit Marketing Manager
As a member of a small team of super-achievers, you'll play a crucial role in delivering engagement between Nonprofit Organisations and our major tech partners.
Apply Now and come build a better world with us at Percent 💌
As Partnerships and Nonprofit Marketing Manager, your mission will be to:
Drive marketing initiatives that increase nonprofit awareness, engagement, and sign-ups on our platform while also fostering partnerships with our customers:
After 4 weeks, success will look like:
- Partnership Marketing:
- Have taken the lead on all partnerships with our customers to drive nonprofit awareness, engagement, and sign-ups.
- Independently manage and oversee partnership marketing efforts without requiring additional support.
- Nonprofit Marketing:
- Leading all internal marketing efforts directed towards nonprofit organisations.
- Have developed and begun to execute marketing strategies and campaigns to drive engagement and sign-ups to our platform among nonprofits.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- NFP Engagement: Measure and improve nonprofit engagement metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Partnered with customers to deliver marketing campaigns successfully.
- Generated engagement within large audiences.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse data and use it to make informed decisions.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for improving customer experiences.
- High agency
- A profound desire to make a positive impact on the world and contribute to a better future.
- Experience in marketing within "closed user groups".
- Non-profit organisations and their unique needs.
£60,000 - 75,000
What you can expect upon joining our team
💰 Salary reviews and share options
⚖️ Flexible working hours
🥳 Paid day off on your birthday!
🌴 25 days annual leave, plus paid public holidays
💙 Paid sick leave
💚 Paid mental health leave
🧘🏽 Paid wellness leave
🤓 Learning & development budget
📚 Percent library
⭐️ Paid days off to volunteer for non-profit causes
🪁 Parental leave
🚴🏾 UK cycle-to-work scheme
🏡 We're remote-first but offer a cosy office in central London for those who enjoy the on-site workspace experience
🙌 … and so much more
🤫 Feel free to read our Super Secret Plan - Part 2 to get a sense of why we do what we do. Ready to build a huge organisation and change the world for good? Let's do this.
OUR PLEDGE TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We take pride in our diverse and growing team representing 20+ nationalities across 5 continents 🌍 ! Our continued expansion provides us with opportunities to embrace and celebrate different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, essential to our success. We actively seek and welcome applicants from all walks of life, regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A team that well represents the world that we are trying to support is a wiser, more knowledgeable and stronger one. We’re excited for you to bring your experience, yourself & special lemon twist to Percent to propel us forward in striving to create a better world for us all.
Check out our Careers Page for more details!
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.