Product Analyst - Digital Product Management - Burgess hill
About the Job
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you joinTeam Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day.
And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences– from payments to rewards to servicing– that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
The American Express Network enables over $1.6 trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 190 markets worldwide. Network and Acquirer Solutions (NAS) operates the American Express Global Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers and launching a new Network in China. The NAS Product Development & Management team is focused on delivering innovative products, services, and capabilities that anticipate the needs of customers – the team is enabling more types of payments, supporting new use cases, and creating compelling value propositions for issuers, merchants, acquirers, businesses, and consumers.
Product Owners within the Network Product team play a critical role in leading the delivery of American Express’s emerging payment solutions. The ideal candidate is a delivery leader who can tie business and technical knowledge to drive flawless delivery of innovative payment solutions that will directly benefit our customers. This exciting role will offer the opportunity to play a role in delivering new payment products such as Real Time Payments, Push Payments, Cross Border Payments, etc. It also will provide the opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Act as a software Product Owner supporting the delivery of critical payment capabilities.
- Collaborate with Product Management, other Product Owners, Deployment teams and Technology to ensure product vision is met.
- To be the specialist for bank connection capabilities.
- Partner with Technologies and Product Management to understand the roadmap and prioritize into a backlog with clearly defined features and user stories.
- Utilize agile tools and techniques to drive successful delivery: writing user stories, attending ceremonies, leading PI planning, etc.
- Provide consultancy to Product Management and business partners to ensure that processes, capabilities and platforms are utilized appropriately.
- Support agile working practices to deliver maximum value to partners.
- Support the development of new and emerging products, services, features and/or technology applications and platforms, including writing user stories, defining personas, writing features, etc.
- Manage projects from concept through execution by partnering with the necessary teams to shape a rich and engaging customer experience.
- Relevant experience: proven years’ minimum experience in a Product Development, Product Owner or similar role
- Knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies - ideally expertise in bank connections and payment gateways
- Project management expertise: Ability to autonomously manage several initiatives at once and drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change
- Stakeholder engagement: Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to commit to a delivery target and identify the components that make a delivery successful, managing risks and issues openly
- Analytical thinking: Thrive in taking an analytical approach with ability to drive output, develop insights and provide recommendations for prioritization decisions
- Clear verbal and written communication to all levels of the organization
- Experience using Scrum, SAFe or similar methodologies - ideally within a development team.
- Familiarity with Rally or similar tools preferred
- Self-starter able to work independently when required, enjoys problem solving
- Proven track record to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands and ambiguity.
- Ability to employ critical thinking and develop capabilities that can be re-used in other settings.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Flexibility in supporting various time zones, as role supports global initiatives.
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.