Project Manager Centre for Digital Innovation - Manchester
UNIVERSITY OF SALFORD
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic project manager to join our new Innovation Accelerator funded Centre for Digital Innovation (CDI) initiative. The CDI will deliver a digital skills platform and indepth technical R&D across a range of digital technologies and will make a significant contribution to Greater Manchester's development as a fairer, more prosperous leader in digital technology and innovation. You will be joining an inspirational team which is committed to successfully delivering and driving change across GM.
- Responsible for project governance by producing and maintaining detailed project plans, monitoring progress against the plans, maintaining action logs and managing key issues.
- Assisting preparations for business readiness and implementation activity, such as engagement sessions, communication plans and training delivery plans.
- Assisting with the coordination, underlying analysis and production of accurate, data driven and high-quality reports, analysis of risks and issues, dependencies and assumptions, communications, change control, workstream plans and finances.
- Proactively track the performance of the project (risks, issues, time, quality, costs) against agreed service level agreements and provide accurate and high-quality management reports detailing this information within agreed deadlines.
- Review, update and maintain project related policies, procedures and project methodologies.
A bit about The Centre for Digital Innovation
Aligned with our University's strategy, we have successfully secured Innovation Greater Manchester funding to further develop digital technologies, and through this funding the Centre for Digital Innovation will deliver a digital skills platform and indepth technical R&D across a range of digital technologies and will make a significant contribution to Greater Manchester's development as a fairer, more prosperous leader in digital technology and innovation. You will be joining an inspirational team which is committed to successfully delivering and driving change across GM.The CDI will operate across 4 technology strands: Artificial Technology (AI), Cyber, Industrial Digitalisation (ID) and Immersive Technology (IT) with a portfolio of activities
1.Technical Research and Development (R&D): providing access to cutting-edge technical expertise which addresses the key challenges holding back innovation in AI, Cyber, ID and IT
2.Skills uplift: by developing an online digital skills platform that provides 24/7 access and removes barrier to skills development in the underrepresented areas and communities
What's in it for you?
Competitive salary - and excellent pension scheme: 9% of your salary is paid into your pension by UoS, you can choose to pay more and UoS will match your extra contribution up to 4%.
Generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional days.
Flexible working - we support a culture of flexible and hybrid working, subject to business requirements.
Professional development - a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential.
Our community - there's a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity - in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students' lives.
The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts.
Wellbeing - your wellbeing is our priority. We have a wide range of dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.