Regional Marketing Specialist - Birmingham
Ishida Europe Ltd
*compare my salary
About the Job
Regional Marketing Specialist (12M FTC)
Ishida Europe is a World leader in the design, manufacture and installation of complete weighing and packing line solutions. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Marketing Specialist (12M FTC) to join the marketing team in Woodgate, Birmingham.
Main Purpose of the role
The role will be responsible for marketing activities within Middle East & Africa. The key requirement is to develop, and effectively implement the regional marketing plan. The plan will support regional development and consist of brand awareness activities and lead generation to aid delivery of the regional three-year sales plan.
The plan will be informed by market opportunities, key competitor initiatives and consider opportunities to partner with local industry associations in conjunction with brand awareness and lead generation activities.
As such it is expected that the plan will include “real time” summary macro and micro audits which will be used to inform the annual marketing plan. Whilst the plan will be regionally centric, it is an expectation that the contents will be a minimum of 70% aligned with core marketing activities, all activities must be aligned to the central marketing budget.
· Definition of the annual marketing plan for Middle East & Africa through liaison / negation with the Regional General Manager, UK based Marketing Communications Manager and Marketing Director (as appropriate). The plan will be founded on summary Macro and Micro audits.
· Origination and maintenance of market Macro and micro audits at a level from which actions can be defined.
· Involvement in the UK central marketing budget derivation to align proposed activities with available funding.
· Responsible for the development, management and application of marketing segmentation strategies, to ensure that communications are tailored to the UK & France to maximise engagement, relevance and interest.
· The plan will include management of exhibition and events all of which will be discussed and agreed with the Regional General Manager and the UK based Exhibition Manager. This will include definition of how effective lead follow up will be implemented in a timely manner. This requires a strong ability to confidently influence and engage with the local sales forces.
· Definition of the media plan for the countries concerned, in a similar context this activity must be aligned with the marketing budget.
· Monthly reporting against key KPIs agreed within the plan which will be at a country and product level. Implementation will predominantly use the centrally selected full-service agency.
· Public relation activities at a regional level will be under the control of the Marketing specialist (as will management of the local PR agent) as will arrangement of customer success stories which will be obtained through discussion with the sales force and successful installations that are aligned to the plan. This will be a joint action with the UK based PR manager.
· Development of relationships with country industry associations to increase market insight and collaborate to increase brand awareness.
· Participation in pan EMEA exhibitions as required
· Consider the impact of new product developments on the markets in the countries concerned
· Elevate the company’s thought leadership profile on environmental matters by proposing new product developments and initiatives in association with regional packaging developments.
The role will require up to 20% overseas travel to scheduled exhibitions and regional meetings
What skills are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you must have proven marketing project management experience, have excellent interpersonal communications skills, must be able to facilitate effective communication at all levels of the organisation and with external agencies. Must have proven experience in a marketing communications role in a B2B environment ideally in an engineering environment associated with provision of capital equipment.
You must be able to speak fluent in English, both written and spoken. Must have the ability to work with technical products resulting in associated/related marketing messages being aligned to defined customer benefit at the product category and sector level. Ability to develop an effective relationship with local industry associations.
You will be required to travel overseas to attend planned meetings and exhibitions - overseas travel requirement is not expected to exceed 20% of the time.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: Up to £32,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Birmingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- Digital marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.