Retail Marketing Associate, Germany, Spain, Scandinavia & EU POLO Branding Strategy - London
About the Job
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, tech savvy, and highly motivated individual to join the Retail Marketing team for Europe, overseeing the brand growth strategy for POLO across all EU Retail doors and the overarching marketing strategy for Germany, Spain and Scandinavia.
The position has an equal commercial and brand emphasis with the main objectives of driving brand awareness and desirability, store footfall, and revenue, and client acquisition and retention, whilst elevating and bringing new energy to the brand experience.
The successful candidate will contribute to the team in coordinating the amplification of global brand campaigns at local level, through 360 direct marketing and events; Introducing innovative concepts and technologies to drive brand engagement, convenience and acquisition in brick and mortar; Contributing to the execution of tourism, new store openings and partner strategies that drive client acquisition; And finally playing a significant role in accelerating brand awareness in Germany, Spain and Scandinavia and in gathering and assimilating market insights to anchor marketing strategy.
Over and above all the skills and experience required to be successful as a marketer within Ralph Lauren, we seek an individual with a genuine passion and “feel” for the brand, strong interest in fashion and digital innovation, with strong project management skills and the ability to deliver campaigns on a large scale.
Reporting into the Retail Marketing Manager for Europe you will:
- Implement the execution of the POLO brand Retail marketing strategy across Europe.
- Engage with all key stakeholders (Sales, Buying, Planning, CRM, Customer Insights, PR, Media, Brand Presentation, etc.) to implement the team’s strategy on a European or local level.
- Drive the amplification of global brand campaigns across EU, ensuring high visibility, high reach, and high engagement of the brand through direct marketing, in-store activations, and innovative experiences.
- Develop energy marketing activities and partnerships and contribute with innovative ideas to shape the new retail experience and attract new millennial & Gen-Z customers to our stores.
- Partner with regional store teams and Clienteling to execute events that drive sales performance and client development in key tier two doors.
- Successfully implement the opening strategy for new stores in FY24.
- Gather and integrate market and consumer insights on Germany, Spain and Scandinavia and develop adequate marketing strategy for each market.
- Research and keep track of market trends and competitor activities, identifying key opportunities for ‘buzz generating’ activations.
- Develop strong partnerships within the field and store network to foster new ideas and explore new opportunities.
- Keep track of costs and manage budget daily, demonstrating the ability to report on spend on a monthly and quarterly basis.
The role requires someone with strong communication skills, a business mindset and a creative and entrepreneurial spirit to be able to drive and execute ambitious projects involving several internal & external stakeholders.
- At least 3 full strategic cycles within marketing and communications experience gained in international consumer goods organizations, preferably with some exposure to Premium brands or Fashion/Luxury Retail.
- Strong marketing credentials including strategic analysis, digital marketing, communications, with strong experience in brand amplification, including in-store events and digital.
- Experience in managing 360 marketing campaigns from initial concept and strategic planning to day-to-day execution and post-campaign reporting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative and deliver quick results.
- Comfortable liaising with third parties to get project across the line.
- Strong business sense and analytical capacity, extending to budget management and expense tracking.
- Creative thinking skills and pro-activity in bringing new ideas and concepts to the table.
- Strong understanding of the briefing and feedback process of creative agencies and graphic designers.
- Strong team player, collaborative, pro-active and enthusiastic.
- People management experience a plus.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills with experience producing content for presentations, mastery of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Fluent in English, additional languages a bonus
- Internationally curious and with an appreciation of cultural differences.
- Brings a real “feel” for branding, has a passion for the industry and is aware of market developments and competitor activity.
- A starter and finisher, with an eye for detail and best in class execution. Ability to contribute creative, innovative ideas and solutions with a structured approach.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast paced environments and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Extremely well organized with a structured approach and attention to detail.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.