Saints Foundation Communications & Marketing Manager - Southampton
About the Job
Be part of our journey...
Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Enhanced with Children’s Barred List
Saints Foundation bring Southampton FC to the heart of the community, using the power of the club and our passionate team to help fulfil individual potential and make Southampton a better place to live for all.
What is the role?
The purpose of the role is to effectively communicate why the charity exists and what we do, through the various media platforms of Saints Foundation, using the support of the Southampton Football Club brand in order to meet the charity’s targets, engage key stakeholders and the wider community.
You will own the Charity’s tone of voice by leading on the creation of all written content, whilst coordinating delivery of Saints Foundation’s marketing and communications outputs – including all internal and external communications, creative content, campaigns and channel management to meet the strategic objectives and annual KPI’s.
The role will include line management to marketing and communications staff to ensure that they are fully equipped to plan and deliver innovative methods which make the best of the Saints brand. This role is therefore a great opportunity for someone who has experience in communications and marketing but might be looking to take a step forward into this junior management role.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone to really champion the Charity’s cause and understand the important and life changing work that we do with and within the Southampton community. You will essentially be the ‘voice of the Foundation’ and will play a huge part in telling the story of the Foundation’s work. Please follow the link below to see the inspiring work we carry out and a glimpse into the type of communications you will be leading in:
Other competencies which are required for this role include:
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Experience in a digital media, communications, PR or marketing role with a strong understanding of written, social media and content management.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to pick up tone of voice. You must be able to communicate information in a lively, accurate and readable manner in a variety of formats for targeted audiences.
- A passion and interest in social change and the ability to find and communicate this change with a story telling approach.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills – you must have the ability to prioritise and balance a range of projects and a varied workload, ensuring key tasks are completed in accordance with work plans.
- A strong team player, with experience of line managing others to produce results and the ability to lead a team.
How this benefits you…
If you are successful, you can look forward to a healthy benefits package;
- Access to x2 free match tickets for every home league game
- Access to our staff Health & Wellbeing initiatives (Mental & Physical Health).
- Discounted Southampton Football Club merchandise.
- 26 days’ holiday per year excluding bank holidays plus your birthday off each year.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family.
- Learning & Development opportunities - supporting you to develop your potential and achieve in your career.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Collaborative & inclusive working culture.
The closing date for applications is 20 February 2024.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.