Senior Digital Marketing Specialist
About the Job
Location: Blended between office and home (England and Wales). Time in office negotiable
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We're looking for a motivated and enthusiastic digital marketing specialist to join our brand and marketing team and help us develop new and existing ways to reach our audiences.
You'll be joining a collaborative, fast paced, creative and award-winning team responsible for engaging our key audiences, using a wide range of owned, paid and earned channels including digital, social and events.
- You'll be joining a busy and energetic team and you'll need to get stuck in straight away.
- You'll be great at working with stakeholders across an organisation to plan, implement and evaluate digital marketing plans.
- You'll have a wide range of skills from developing and delivering effective digital communications strategies to creating content for digital channels including social media, blogs and paid advertising.
- You'll have an eye for timely, reactive content and know when to deploy different tactics to engage internal and external audiences.
- You'll thrive working in a busy, proactive team and be an excellent writer.
- Proven ability in developing effective digital marketing plans from planning to evaluation across multiple channels to meet audience needs.
- Ability to create and develop high quality, innovative content (including videos, photos and audio) across platforms and channels including social media, blogs and emails. Experience of using social media management tools such as Sprout social.
- Ability to use and tell stories, including case studies, to maximise understanding and impact of communications campaigns and to identify opportunities for reactive social media content.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) is of strategic importance within the organisation and recognised as integral to all we do as a service.
Central to pursuing our EDI mission is building diverse and inclusive teams in which everyone has a sense of belonging. We believe inclusion is a social justice issue - a principle that underpins our all EDI work. To that end, we particularly welcome applications from people we would like to see better represented in our organisation and sector - people of colour, LGBTQ+ people and disabled people. We follow the social model of disability. We will offer an interview to disabled candidates who indicate they wish their application to be considered under our Disability Confident Interview Commitment where they meet our selection criteria in their application. Some of our roles attract a high volume of applications and in some circumstances where it is not practicable or appropriate, we may limit the number of interviews offered to disabled and non-disabled candidates. We will provide reasonable adjustments as needed.
We're a flexible employer, so this role may suit anyone who'd prefer a flexible arrangement to help their work/life balance, many of our colleagues spend most of their time working remotely. Whilst we prefer a blended approach between a local office, if one is near you, and home we're open to being flexible on location, occasionally a role may require you to be based in a certain location if that's the case it will be detailed in the advert or job description. This can be discussed in more detail during your interview.
The National Citizens Advice Operates from offices in England and Wales, with 4 regional offices based in Cardiff, London, Birmingham and Leeds, therefore all successful applicants must be based within England or Wales.
Our commitment to colleague wellbeing is reflected in us being awarded Gold in the Health & Wellbeing category, as well as Overall Winners, at the Employee Experience Awards 2022.
Citizens Advice seeks to redeploy internal staff who are at risk or under notice of redundancy and will prioritise them in the recruitment process where necessary. If you have been confirmed as at risk or under notice of redundancy please ensure you indicate this in the at-risk box in your application.
Please be aware that Citizens Advice is not a sponsoring organisation. Therefore the successful applicant must already possess the right to work in the UK or be able to secure the right to work in the UK independently.
In the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.
This vacancy closes at 23.59 on the closing date.
For more information about the organisation, our values and benefits please see the following link -
Need help with your application, see our useful how to guides on the following page -
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.