Senior Finance Manager - Digital & Technology - London - London
Jefferson Wells UK
*compare my salary
About the Job
Senior Finance Manager - Digital & Technology - London
The location of the role is Paddington, London (hybrid working).
The duration of the contract is 6 months.
The pay rate on offer is £550 - £650 per day.
The client is a multinational high-street retailer.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager to join the Digital & Technology finance team to be the finance lead in a consultancy review of this area. The review includes a value-based assessment of investments planned for FY25 together with the development of a roadmap to modernise and simplify the estate.
Digital & Technology investment underpins our group transformation plans and so this review will cover all areas of the business, involving business partnering the D&T LT as well as collaboration with stakeholders across the business.
This person will play a key role in the development of a future governance framework for Digital & Technology spend, shaping the financial analysis and insight within this.
Key Accountabilities Of The Role
- Finance lead for the consultancy review of Digital & Technology, business partnering the consultancy team, Digital & Technology Leadership Team plus finance and non-finance stakeholders across the business.
- Provide financial oversight and constructive challenge to develop a modernisation and simplification roadmap modelling scenarios to provide optionality - considering envelope of spend, resource and change management implications.
- Support the development of a value-based assessment of investments planned for FY25 to enable data-driven prioritisation.
- Review planned investments against the value-based criteria and develop options & recommendations for presentation to the FDs & FP&A teams.
- Proactive collaboration with finance and non-finance stakeholders across the business to ensure each investment has a robust business case with benefits clearly defined, within the group investment hurdle rate targets.
- Support the consultancy team to develop a recommendation for resource mix (internal vs 3rd party) across Digital & Technology and model financial impact with scenarios to provide choices to the business.
- Work with the FP&A teams and FDs to ensure the review aligns to the group budget planning cycle.
- Play a key role in the development of a future governance framework for Digital & Technology spend & delivery. Review current framework and reporting and build a recommendation for the future to drive financial & non-financial insight into performance, including post implementation review of investment.
- Design the financial insight and develop a RACI for post implementation reviews to support the new governance framework.
- Qualified accountant with several years PQE in a commercial environment.
- Experience of partnering Digital & Technology teams would be an advantage, particularly in more technical areas (infrastructure, cloud, network, infosec).
- Commercial acumen to drive challenge and insight to the business.
- Excellent communication skills to enable business partnering of senior non-financial colleagues.
- Ability to translate complex information into a clear story to engage senior stakeholders.
- Proactive self-starter with collaborative approach and a natural style that builds strong network with colleagues.
- Strong collaborator with inquisitive nature to provide constructive and thoughtful challenge.
- Growth mindset, driven to seek opportunities to continuously improve.
- Self-starter able to manage ambiguity & multiple competing priorities.
- Advanced excel capabilities and good PowerPoint skills.
- Strong team player.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.