Senior Graphic Designer - Kensington
Imperial College London
*compare my salary
About the Job
The Senior Graphic Designer is a member of Imperial’s Communications Division. The Division produces information, publicity, and marketing materials in the areas of student recruitment marketing, alumni relations, fundraising, academic research and innovations, and for campus activities and decoration.
Working with a high level of autonomy, the Designer supports the Division’s activities with the design and production of printed and digital pieces for a range of projects and campaigns across the above areas. Representing the Communications Division across Imperial, the postholder will play a lead role in the design and execution of the University’s brand, upholding the integrity and differentiation of the graphic identity. They will also provide professional advice, guidance and mentoring to staff across the Imperial.
With professional support from the Deputy Head of Design & Editorial, the postholder will work closely with other members of the creative team and the Comms Division and undertake projects with other teams across Imperial.
A key part of this role is working with colleagues in the Design & Editorial team to develop and implement Imperial’s new brand identity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design Creation: Conceptualise, develop, and execute innovative and visually appealing designs for a range of marketing materials, including print collateral, digital assets, social media graphics, web banners, infographics, presentations and more.
- Brand Consistency: Ensure consistency in visual identity and adherence to brand guidelines across all design deliverables to maintain a cohesive brand image.
- Take briefs from concept to completion.
- Manage multiple design projects effectively to meet deadlines.
- Provide an advisory information service to academic departments and support teams, giving support and guidance on the design and production of strategic communication materials within Imperial’s new brand guidelines and visual identity.
- Represent the team in Divisional or College-level meetings where delegated.
- Significant professional graphic design experience, preferably in a creative agency, or an in-house or marketing environment.
- Experience working across all modern graphic design mediums: digital, social media, advertising campaigns and printed materials including publications.
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, colour therapy, layout and composition, and the ability to apply them effectively in various design projects.
- Knowledge and experience of print buying including choosing appropriate paper stocks and finishes.
- Proven conceptual and technical ability.
- Ability to interpret complex information, including copy and data, and turn it into understandable and engaging creative ideas.
This is a full-time, 12-month contract.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact: Charlotte Parkins: email@example.com
- Senior Graphic Designer JD.pdf
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.