Senior Marketing & Events Executive FTC - Birmingham
Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce
*compare my salary
About the Job
Full job description
Initial 12-month maternity cover, with the potential for extension based on business needs.
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious and pro-active individual to join the Marketing and Events team as a Senior Marketing and Events Executive has arisen.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Events and working closely with other members of the team, your role will be to lead and deliver the member events programme, as well as developing and executing marketing campaigns for a range of Chamber products and services.
Your goal will be to ensure high member attendance and satisfaction at events as part of the member retention strategy and, overall, through both marketing and events, support the commercial objectives and priorities of the Chamber.
This is a senior appointment within the department which will involve some people management and significant interaction with the Chamber’s Executive team. The successful candidate will possess excellent planning, organisational and communication skills (both verbally and written), and will be able to demonstrate attention to detail, enthusiasm, and a willingness to own and lead a variety of events and marketing campaigns.
Previous strategic marketing experience and experience in managing multiple events from planning to delivery stage is essential. Regular attendance at a variety of Chamber events across Greater Birmingham will be necessary as part of the role, including early morning events and evening events with time in lieu offered for additional hours worked. Therefore, a flexible and adaptable attitude is essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the group-wide membership events calendar including operational and marketing activity.
- Working closely with specific Divisional leads across the group, the role requires the Senior Marketing and Events Executive to be the operational lead for member events, including venue sourcing, set-up, production of delegate details, event booking and registration, event invoicing, on-going internal events communications and on the day event management.
- To undertake post-event analysis and evaluation to ensure consistent high quality event delivery
- To manage marketing campaigns from campaign planning to delivery, including liaising with designers to develop creative concepts, execution of the campaign and analysis of the results to determine ROI/success.
- Adhere to the member events budget.
- To take on additional marketing tasks (events or non-events related) as required.
- To be a brand ambassador throughout the Chamber and ensure that all department communications are adhering to GBCC brand guidelines.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in marketing and events
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A knowledge and understanding of local business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work unsupervised and proactively
- A professional, result orientated, mature, and adaptable approach
- Negotiating skills and the ability to influence decision making
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications and other system applications
The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing and digital channels, with experience of building and sending html marketing emails from an email service provider and marketing to a B2B audience. A full current driving license would be advantageous.
We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, therefore we would advise interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at the GBCC are open to all. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic.
If you are from outside the EEA and do not possess immigration status which allows you to live and work in the UK, we will be unable to progress your application as The Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce are unable to provide sponsorship. Therefore, in the recruitment process all candidates are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: Up to £30,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Birmingham, B16 8PE
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.