Senior Marketing Executive / Planner - London
Panorama Antennas, Ltd.
*compare my salary
About the Job
Reports to: Marketing Director
The company is industry leader in a specialist field with extensive experience and a well-established reputation, producing a range of bespoke and standard RF antennas ranging from large volume products for global companies to small volume custom work for highly specific applications. The company manufactures products for a diverse range of industries and market sectors including public safety, defence, transportation, utilities, manufacturing, construction and consumer devices.
The Marketing Planner will be responsible for developing and executing the group marketing plan and the marketing plans and associated budgets for its strategic business units. The Marketing Planner will work cross-functionally with the sales teams and other company departments to develop a strategic revenue management plan: evidence based and costed strategies to improve sales and grow market share in target markets and market segments. Once developed they will play a key role in implementing the marketing plans and strategies as well as monitoring, measuring and reporting their results against the desired outcomes. Assist the Company in creating and maintaining customer value to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
The Marketing Planner will be based in the company’s head office with a requirement to travel periodically to visit subsidiary companies.
Key Functional Relationships:
Based within the Marketing Department the Marketing Planner will work closely with the sales, marketing, and product development teams. The Marketing Planner will be responsible for communicating the marketing plan and related strategies both within group companies and externally to key partners and other relevant stakeholders.
· Develop and execute the group marketing plan and strategic business unit marketing plans.
· Develop and maintain budgets for the marketing plans and related strategies and campaigns.
· Develop and maintain needs-based segmentation of the Company’s customer base and conduct, maintain and commission market research to understand both customer requirements and the Company’s relative competitive strength in key markets and segments.
· Use research to define and maintain an understanding of the Company’s share of the markets and segments it operates in.
· Use market mapping to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the markets and segments that the Company serves and to define where the purchasing decisions are made.
· Develop costed strategies based on sound principles to assist the sales team to increase sales in target markets and segments.
· Work with the sales, marketing, product development, IT and manufacturing teams along with other central services to help ensure that marketing strategies can be successfully delivered.
· Monitoring and measurement of the developed plans and strategies and reporting on the results of the same to the board of directors.
· Traveling within the UK and abroad to provide support the activities listed above.
Key performance dimensions
· Development of marketing plans on time and with budgetary information.
· Development of a systematic approach to market and competitor research gathering and collating information on customer needs, competitive strength and market size and share.
· Development of effective costed strategies to increase the Company’s share of its target markets.
· Delivery of those strategies, monitoring measurement and reporting of that delivery to demonstrate effectiveness.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree Marketing or equivalent qualification
- Proven track record in B2B marketing strategy and planning
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Deep knowledge of marketing planning and strategy in the international B2B space.
- Understanding of market research techniques and quantifying the size of markets and the share held by the company and its competitors.
- Understanding of Directional Policy Matrices as a tool for marketing planning.
- Thorough knowledge of market mapping techniques.
- Understanding of development and delivery of marketing strategies and action plans.
- Ability to develop, track and report on KPIs related to delivery of strategies and action plans.
- Knowledge of how to put together and draft budgets for review by the finance team.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent working. Must be able to manage own work and priorities.
- Excellent teamworking capabilities.
- Excellent written English with good command of punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Good numeracy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive manner, desire to understand the business and its customers.
- A commitment to learning and development.
- Must have a desire to learn about and understand the Company and its products.
- Good general IT skills.
Panorama Antennas is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £60,000.00-£65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.