Senior Marketing Manager (UK) (12 month Fixed Term Contract) - Watford
About the Job
The Manager of Marketing (UK) is a key role within the EU Country Marketing Team, reporting to the AVP, Head of European Country Marketing in the TJX Europe Brand and Marketing Function.
You will lead a team of 6, being responsible for helping to drive the sustained growth in sales and profit of TK Maxx and Homesense in the UK through a combination of marketing strategies to drive increase market share, market shopper penetration, brand awareness and footfall.
Achieving success in this role will require you to build and lead a strong team, including external agencies, to influence and implement cross channel Brand and Marketing campaigns for the UK within an EU matrix structure.
You will be required to partner successfully with cross functional colleagues across Retail, UK e-com, Store Merchandising and Store Operations, working collaboratively, providing marketing insight and guidance and developing plans to collectively meet the UK’s business goals.
Whilst not directly accountable for e-com revenue targets, you will need a strong understanding of digital performance marketing and channels as you collaboratively develop our omnichannel customer objectives with the UK e-com team and other marketing partners
You will also be part of a strong team of fellow EU Country Managers of Marketing who collectively combine local marketing knowledge and expertise to influence the Brand and Marketing “hub” Centres of Expertise within the EU matrix structure to ensure the successful creation and implementation of the Brand and Marketing strategies for all markets in Europe.
Whilst always being in a supportive environment, you will require the confidence, resilience and knowledge to influence strongly and expertly, taking decisions based on your customer insight and market knowledge, remaining agile, flexible and open at all times.
- Responsible for being the voice of our customers in the UK, building a detailed knowledge of the market and our competitors
- Responsible for developing and implementing the UK Country Brand and Marketing plans, ensuring the plans and activity are aligned to the core TK Maxx and Homesense European Brand and Marketing strategies, appropriate for the market, impactful and drive footfall and sales
- Partner with cross-functional management teams in Country and in the Brand and Marketing department to ensure that marketing is engaging, influencing, measurable and supporting all relevant activities and goals
- With key colleagues, drive the initiative to improve our internal processes that will result in an improved omnichannel offering to our customers
- Work within European framework and operate across multiple internal COEs including Media, CR and Sustainability, Consumer Communications (PR, influence and social), Gift Cards, Creative, Production and Consumer Insight to build robust and measurable marketing plans. You will be accountable for demonstrating local ROI
- Develop and nurture the local marketing team – provide relevant training and development and clear KPI’s, PDP’s and goals aligned with the business goals – reviewed on a quarterly basis to manage process
- Lead and manage the UK media, comms and experiential agencies, working in partnership with the Media and Communications COEs to manage and monitor their performance
- Lead and manage the UK consumer-facing CR programme, including annual partnerships with national charities, media and comms planning for key events and product initiatives
- Manage the country Marketing Budget, maximising the efficiency of the marketing funds by leveraging pan-European assets
- Develop and manage marketing plans that support the local new store openings, refurbishments and relocations programme
- Participate in pan-European marketing team meetings and build excellent informal relationships with peer marketers
- Partner with local cross functional departments, providing marketing insight and expertise into that forum, challenging and collaborating as required
Ideal combination of key skills, knowledge, experience
- Breadth of Marketing experience, preferably gained in a multi-channel environment
- Experience of working within a pan-European matrix business
- Experience leading a team, including team development
- Experience of managing agencies
- An innovator with commercial pragmatism at the core
- Successful track record in brand development and local implementation
- Budget, project and stakeholder management experience
- A love of retail
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.