Senior Product UX Designer - Manchester
About the Job
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Manchester, UK
Reporting To: Mike Hague
Interact provides enterprise-grade intranet software that connects over three million employees to leading global names like Levi's, Domino's, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Technicolor.
Our team of customer-focused problem solvers are passionate about helping organizations to communicate better. We do this together by constantly working to improve every service and product we offer. With offices in New York, Tulsa, and Manchester, we operate across North America, EMEA, and Australia.
Click on any of our vacancies and you'll see one thing in common – they all begin with this message. Why? Because at Interact we treat everyone with the same respect and honesty. Whether you're a developer fresh out of college or a seasoned salesperson, we live the motto that we uphold for our customers: our people are our most valuable assets.
We are looking for a highly creative and experienced Senior Product UX Designer with a product-thinking mindset to join our Engineering team. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with the Product team, Business Analysts, Product Delivery Managers, and Engineering teams to create best-in-class user-centric experiences, aimed at solving Enterprise-scale problems for Interact's customers.
You will contribute heavily to the design system used to build out the frontend, reusable development patterns used by the team, and create intuitive UI (User Interface) component specs, UX guidelines for the team, and work with the Engineering squads to provide in-project support.
You will work across projects on the web platform, mobile, as well as other products like Digital Signage.
You will work at various stages of the Software Development Lifecycle, starting from UX design as a part of product roadmap item scoping, where you will be expected to absorb the requirements, proposed approach to the feature/project, high level technical implementation details (what's possible/not possible), and ultimately craft high fidelity interactive prototypes, to show case the user flows, information layout, as well as the various component states. This will likely lead to expanding on the component libraries in Figma. The prototypes will be iterated on with the product team, after which you will then work closely with the Engineering squads to support the development effort, and where appropriate review the implementation details, and consult on the approach (especially where reusable components are being built out for future projects.)
This role involves working on a mixture of greenfield features/modules, iterative enhancement updates to existing user interfaces alongside existing UX Professionals, Product Managers, Architects, Developers, QA engineers and Business Analysts. The candidate should be a great operator (doer), natural communicator, with a great record of accomplishment. Following through on tasks is essential.
A Little About You...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction).
- Proven experience as a UI/UX Designer with a portfolio highlighting design projects.
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, or similar tools.
- Strong understanding of user-centred design principles and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with mobile app design and responsive web design (including OS specific guidelines).
- Experience working with limitations of past design decisions.
- Familiarity with design thinking methodologies and user research techniques.
- Previous experience working in agile or iterative development environments.
- UI/UX Design:
- Develop user-centred designs for various projects, including web platform, mobile, and Digital Signage.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders via wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that effectively convey design concepts.
- Contribution to the design system for frontend development.
- Creation of reusable development patterns and intuitive UI component specs.
- Development of UX guidelines and in-project support for Engineering squads.
- Information Architecture:
- Organise and structure information to create logical and user-friendly navigation.
- Ensure efficient and effective user flows within the digital products.
- Visual Design:
- Design visually appealing layouts, graphics, and icons that align with the brand identity and design management systems.
- Select and apply colour theory, typography, and imagery that enhance the user interface.
- Create appropriate language and tone for all supporting content.
- Software Development Lifecycle Involvement:
- Engagement at distinct stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Initial involvement in UX design during product roadmap item scoping.
- Crafting high-fidelity interactive prototypes demonstrating user flows, information layout, and component states.
- Iterative prototyping with the product team and expanding on component libraries.
- Collaboration with Engineering squads to support development efforts and review implementation details.
- A key responsibility would be to work closely with the front-end squad, and to have an understanding of the latest front-end technologies.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity:
- Advocate for and implement accessibility best practices to ensure the products are fully inclusive and usable by all individuals.
- Role Dynamics:
- Working on both greenfield features/modules and iterative enhancements to existing interfaces.
- Collaboration with Product UX Design team, Product Managers, Architects, Developers, QA engineers, and Business Analysts.
- Emphasis on being a great operator, natural communicator, and reliable task executor.
- Ability to adapt to evolving project requirements and embrace modern design tools and methodologies.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to existing junior UX designers within the Engineering department.
- Stay Current with Industry Trends:
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends, technologies, and tools to continually improve design skills.
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell additional days)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Learning & Development platform
- Life Insurance
- Auto Enrolment Pensions
- Healthshield (Cashback on dental check-ups and fillings, eye tests, physiotherapy, prescriptions and much more
- Reimburse for usage of personal mobile phone
- Free Gym membership and Free Friday lunch for office based staff
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.