Senior UI/UX Designer - Bath
*compare my salary
About the Job
About the role:
We're blubolt, and we design and build beautiful Shopify eCommerce sites for fast-growing brands. If you're ready to rise to the challenge to help us, we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting role for an experienced creative and UX designer to work on medium to large-scale Shopify and Shopify Plus projects.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the eCommerce and web design industry, actively pushing to learn new tools and techniques, and with a solutions-driven outlook. You’ll be applying design thinking and user-centred design principles whilst you work closely with stakeholders to conceive and design beautiful, usable and engaging websites. You’ll be heavily involved in the early stages of research and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to bring your creative visions to life! Ownership is a big focus of our process; you’ll have the agency to completely lead any project you work on. We also encourage collaboration within the team, so you’ll be fully supported and can get advice or feedback on your progress throughout the projects.
We place a strong emphasis on collaboration and camaraderie. If you’re looking to be part of an ambitious team, this could be the role for you!
Our office is based in the centre of beautiful Bath, and we’re offering this as a flexible remote-working role on a full-time basis. You will be required to come into the office once per quarter for our company day to encourage collaboration and build strong working relationships with the team. This is usually on the last Tuesday each month, but is subject to change. Plenty of notice is given, and all travel and accommodation is expensed.
- To lead the end-to-end UX wireframing and UI design process for new and existing customers.
- To produce mock-ups, wireframes, functional prototypes and the design of beautiful high-fidelity UI for eCommerce customers, with a strong attention to detail and creative flair.
- To push the boundaries of eCommerce design while adhering to best practices.
- To help conduct audits, identify design and usability problems for customers (prospective and existing) and devise elegant solutions for our production team to subsequently take action.
- To regularly communicate with clients and to lead creative UX workshops to better understand their business goals, creative direction, target demographic and objectives.
- To conduct quantitative and qualitative research that can be translated into UX deliverables and reports with actionable insights that feed into the design process.
- To determine information architecture, create sitemaps and flows.
- To present key findings and full design solutions to the internal team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the development team to ensure design and development continuity, with handovers and regular design reviews to ensure pixel-perfect quality and flawless functionality.
- To work closely with the other Senior Designer, consisting of regular design meetings to focus on innovating and improving blubolt’s creative offering and process.
- Collaborate with the CRO team to continue to iterate and improve our existing client's websites, focusing on key metrics and business goals.
Required skill set.
- At least 5+ years experience in a UI / UX role and a portfolio of professional design projects - with examples of both mobile and web applications
- At least 2+ Agency or Team based experience
- At least 2+ years experience designing for eCommerce (in-house or agency) with portfolio examples within this area.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Sketch, Figma, or other similar tools. We primarily use Figma for our designs, so this is a must.
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative research to drive design decision-making. (e.g. user research, heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis, data analysis etc.)
- Knowledge of user testing, evaluation and analytical tools, including (but not limited to) Hotjar, Google Analytics, Data Studio, User Feel, and Microsoft Clarity.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and present ideas to clients and team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about design and pushing the boundaries of eCommerce.
- Real enthusiasm, creativity and excitement - who is not afraid to suggest new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and prioritise tasks effectively.
- A team player, able to work closely with various departments within the company, clients and end users.
Nice to have.
- Experience working with Shopify or other similar eCommerce platforms.
- Experience of planning, facilitating and managing User-Testing sessions.
- Interaction design experience using software such as Adobe After Effects
What we can offer.
- Great work-life balance.
- Remote working with the opportunity for quarterly in-person team socials.
- Work with a friendly and passionate team.
- Opportunity to work on exciting projects with high-profile, £20M+ a-year clients.
- Custom workstations - Mac? PC? Linux? You tell us! We’ll hook you up with whatever equipment you need.
- Keep learning! - With a range of training options, you can apply for Certifications, Qualifications, and Conferences - we’re keen for you to keep building your skills through us.
- Make an impact - We want our team to have a voice, and you will help shape the future of blubolt from day one.
- Unwind - We offer 25 days of vacation plus an extra week of paid shut-down between Christmas and New Year.
- Staff Discounts - We’re lucky enough to have wonderful customers who offer us special discounts & offers on their websites!
- Nights out & and parties - We like to treat ourselves with a mid-year summer party and an end-of-year Christmas bash.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.