Senior User Researcher - UX
About the Job
We offer a hybrid working model that allows you to work between home and office locations, giving you greater flexibility on where and when you work. You will occasionally be required to travel to customer or Fujitsu sites.
Our purpose is to make the world more sustainable by building trust in society through innovation. Fujitsu is looking for a Senior User Researcher who is passionate about the discipline, helping to deliver and shape a best-in-class user research capability for our new consultancy offering, DAX (Digital Accessibility and user eXperience).
DAX puts users' needs at the forefront of all of Fujitsu's solutions and provides consultancy to major projects in the public, private and third sector. Helping to deliver equitable and cost effective solutions to millions of people on a wide range of exciting and challenging engagements.
You will play a pivotal role in transforming digital services, be an advocate for users and have a passion for human-centred design. It's essential you have a track record in planning and leading effective research within a public or third-sector context.
Your transferable skills and experience:
- Proven track record in designing, conducting, and analysing both quantitative and qualitative user research including contextual research and observation, workshop coordination, moderated usability testing, pop-up research, and surveys to understand user needs and behaviours.
- Experience on a range of CDDO agile project phases.
- Recruiting and conducting research with a diverse set of users to guide teams in delivering digital services that are inclusive and accessible to all. This includes users with disabilities, assisted digital support requirements, or those with protected characteristics.
- Understand organisational strategy and objectives, aligning user research activities to generate strategic insights that inform policy creation and procedure development.
- Experienced in collaboration with multi-disciplinary agile teams to inform design decisions and deliver measurable outcomes.
- Talent for mentoring junior team members whilst shaping best practice and contributing to internal user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate for user needs through all phases of a project - capable of persuading senior stakeholders to embrace a user-centred, data-driven approach through clear and compelling arguments.
Please note: It's still worth applying even if you do not meet all the requirements above. We are passionate about investing in you and your career and if you have the transferable skills/ background as a user researcher this could be the next opportunity for you.
The recruitment process consists of two stages of interviews.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and will offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum/essential criteria for the role. Email EMEIArecruitment@fujitsu.com if you would like to apply through the Disability Confident Interview Scheme.
We are recognised as a responsible and inclusive employer: Not only are we a certified Disability Confident Leader, a Times Top 50 employer for Gender Equality, a Top 75 employer for Social Mobility, accredited with the Living Wage Foundation and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter, but we are also committed to the United Nations standards for LGBTI+ and a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.
We are people centric: Our work environments enable you to Be Completely You. Our active people-led Inclusive Community networks are representative of all aspects of diversity and are instrumental in enabling and supporting our innovative approach to inclusion.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.