Service Designer - Consultant - Digital Factory - London
About the Job
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Our brand promise “Get The Future You Want” reflects our passion for people and technology and highlights the company’s commitment to inclusion and sustainability.
An important aspect of ‘Get the Future You Want’ is to balance hybrid ways of working between your Capgemini office, home, and client location (where applicable). We recognise that it is an imperative to create flexibility so you can enjoy an optimal work-life balance and feel empowered to achieve success. When you come onboard, or before, please discuss this with your manager so you can agree the best ways of working for your role, team, and client.
Get The Future You Want
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role
As a Service Designer, you will be joining the growing and exciting Digital Factory community who are continually sharing knowledge and expertise. We are all passionate about user-centred design, critical thinking, problem solving and designing and building digital services and products.
Working at Capgemini Invent would give you opportunities to develop and grow, working with major clients in both public and private sector. Our offices are in a variety of locations including London, Manchester and Glasgow. We offer hybrid working, however depending on your project you may have to travel to client locations.
What You'll Do
- Maximise the value we deliver for our clients right from the inception to real life application of Service Design.
- Support our clients through the end-to-end service design process to design and develop innovative products and services. This process will be all the way from ideation and inception through to solution build and testing.
- Champion user-centricity – with a set of tools and methods you can draw upon to embed design thinking / user-centricity
- Work on new ideas and work alongside solution team to design and develop innovative products and services
- Use current and emerging trends to identify and lead improvements to existing services as well as introduce innovative and industry first service experiences influencing service managers, user researchers, UI/UX designers and programme directors to understand the value as a result of user focused transformation
- Proven experience working across a service design process, autonomously with minimal support
- Experience working with Government Digital Service (GDS) service standards, applying GDS design principles
- Ability to create service design artefacts and outputs, such as current and future-state user journeys, personas, service concepts, service blueprints and other artefacts
- ‘Client readiness’, with experience facilitating workshops, design sprints, ideation sessions or similar
- Ability to visualise complex services in an easy-to-understand format for varying audiences
- Ability to adopt a curious and inquisitive mindset – with a passion for asking ‘why’
- Ability to critically break down complex problems in a fast-paced environment, with a knack for storytelling
- Strong understanding and experience of working in an agile (scrum) environment in a cross-functional team including but not limited to user researchers, UX/UI designers, business analysts, product owners, delivery managers and developers
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a tight timeframe with a proactive mindset
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to balance competing views as part of the design process
- Aptitude for being an advocate for user-centricity, with the ability to develop and translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs and engage in meaningful interactions and relationships with users
- SC (Security Check) Clearance or being eligible for this level of clearance (by being a UK resident for at least 3 years and not having left the country for more than 6 consecutive months during this period)
- Experience working in sectors that operate in complex regulatory environments (e.g. healthcare or public sector) or performing a consulting function to private sector clients
- Certification and/or qualifications in Service Design or Design Thinking
- Experience in running training around Service Design or Design Thinking
- Experience managing and leading high performing teams
- Experience working with various tools such as Miro, Mural, Teams, PowerPoint
Why Capgemini is unique
At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Capgemini Invent UK is a winner at the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards for the 3rd year running, placing in the top 20 employers in its list of the Best Places to Work in 2023.
No matter the project or customer, your work will have a meaningful impact on society, businesses and lives. It’s really rewarding. And it’s also really varied. You’ll potentially work on a huge variety of projects (some larger than others), so you could gain lots of experience in a short amount of time.
Collaboration and Innovation
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another - collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 10th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Whilst you will have London, Manchester or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.