Social & Digital Content Producer – Scotland - Glasgow
About the Job
Social & Digital Content Producer – Scotland
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Managing Editor – Scotland.
Overview of job
You will be responsible for the smooth creation and delivery of industry-leading video and social media content across our brands and managing our social accounts to help bring our content to new audiences, and new listeners to our radio stations.
Working closely with our radio teams and alongside our wider video, digital and social teams you will help to build outstanding, engaging video content that ensures our brands remain at the top of the minds of our audience and of the media industry.
3 best things about the job
- Creativity – you will have the opportunity to utilise your creativity to generate the most interesting and engaging content.
- You'll be joining the home of the best audio in the UK, working on some of the most exciting brands in Scottish radio, and plugged into the wider brand teams.
- The opportunity to work on big video projects and to challenge yourself.
In the first few months, you would have:
- Helped to produce video output from radio visualisation to the creation and delivery of original formats/series.
- Supercharged the content on our social media channels and Global Player and grown the audience of our visual content.
- Learned new, and improved upon existing, video production skills and techniques.
- Built great relationships with all staff, presenters and the rest of the Glasgow Broadcast Centre alongside the wider Global Broadcasting & Content team throughout the UK.
- Maintained video production excellence across the board.
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies.
- You will be responsible for helping to create and publish memorable video content that our audiences will want to share. Your ideas will help bring our brands alive online and on social media.
- Work with the various radio teams to amplify what they are doing on-air, in video.
- Coordinate our stations social video output, bring the best out of our talent and influence how we continue to publish engaging content for our digital audience.
- Posting content on social media, designing eye-catching, modern graphics and leading creative brainstorms, sharing new ideas and concepts for content.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A good knowledge of all aspects of video production techniques and workflows.
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop is a requirement. Experience with other Adobe Suite apps such as After Effects and Illustrator would be an advantage.
- Experience creating and implementing social strategies for brands, preferably for a business within the entertainment industry
- Proven ability to grow social accounts & build communities
- Knowledge of advanced filming / camera operating techniques.
- A proven understanding of the social media landscape, the need to adapt content per platform and the ability to plan shoots to cater for them.
- A can-do attitude, willing to go above and beyond and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and external contractors.
- An extensive understanding of social media platforms from front end to back end.
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that diversity will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to the recruitment process and workplace to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you require us to make any reasonable adjustments for you or to disclose a condition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.