Technical Assurance Lead - IT and Digital Systems
About the Job
Job Title: Technical Assurance Lead - IT and Digital Systems
Location: Malvern or Farnborough + Adaptive Working Arrangement
Package: Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Permanent
Role ID: SF 15882
Be part of the QinetiQ journey. Join us as a Technical Assurance Lead at either our Farnborough or Malvern site where you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and many of the industry's most brilliant minds.
As a Technical Assurance Lead you'll have a role that is out of the ordinary, you will be responsible for the technical assurance across QinetiQ, with particular emphasis on coordination of and undertaking assurance reviews within bids, projects and customer deliverables and in coordination of technical assurance activities for IT and Digital Systems. In addition, the role will support continuous improvement activities within the Technical Excellence Directorate. The role will act within the Technical Excellence Technical Assurance team, which has ten Technical Assurers working across domains and engineering disciplines.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Allocation of IAR and Design Certification (DC) roles to specific opportunities, working with Head of Technical&Product Assurance
- Undertaking large DC and IAR reviews at bid stages and at all other stages of the programme lifecycle including deliverable reviews, to support project requirements.
- Assuring that bids and projects take account of legal and regulatory requirements, and take account of safety requirements.
- Provision of technical/engineering advice and guidance to IDT/ICT leads and Programme Delivery Directors.
- Supporting Technical Assurance and DC training.
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities within the Technical Excellence function
Essential experience of the Technical Assurance Lead:
- excellent understanding of the technical and engineering domain within IT and digital systems, having a proven track record of technical delivery across design, implementation, support for major programmes and includes both cloud and on-premise solutions.
- Significant experience of technical leadership gained from practical engineering working in defence or security
- A thorough understanding of both Through Life Engineering and Technical Assurance procedures
- A thorough understanding of the conduct of technical reviews
- The ability to think creatively and exercise sound judgement based on analysis of risk.
- Able to demonstrate experience of leading by example with a range of leadership styles.
- Degree qualified or equivalent professional development in IT and Digital Systems
- Chartered Engineer status
- Adaptive and flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee discount portal: Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Restaurants, Cinema Tickets and much more.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy up to 5 days' additional leave.
- We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please contact your regional recruiting team in strictest confidence. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation and having the courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an= diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Visit our website to read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
As a company of thousands of dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
Please note that many roles in QinetiQ are subject to national security vetting. Applicants who already hold the appropriate level of vetting may be able to transfer it upon appointment, subject to approval. A number of roles are also subject to restrictions on access to information, which mean factors such as nationality, previous nationalities held and the country in which you were born may affect the roles that you can be employed in.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.