User Experience UX Designer - 9 month secondment (Part-Time, Job-Share or Full-Time) - Gloucester
*compare my salary
About the Job
Closing Date: Friday 23rd February 2024
About The Role
We’re looking for a User Experience Designer to join our growing Digital & Customer Experience team.
As a UX Designer you'll ensure users have a pleasurable and effective experience across our digital estate, delivering the ease and quality of experience that customers expect from Zurich. You will continually build on our understanding of user motivations and behaviours and inspire junior UX designers - keeping our appreciation of UX techniques and thinking fresh.
You will work collaboratively with the Digital and CX team and wider business to shape the design of digital products and services to meet the needs of our customers.
Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
What will you be doing?
- Propose and sketch out a range of visual concepts both on paper and using software applications
- Create user personas, user journeys and site maps
- Drive user insight and conduct ongoing usability testing, with tools including UserTesting.com to inform design and optimise experience
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes and user flows using specialist tools such as Axure, InVision, Marvel, Figma and Sketch, as well as the Adobe product suite
- Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Redesign websites to make them more responsive and accessible
- Work collaboratively with junior UX designers, product owners and development teams, business analysts, project managers and wider Customer Office team
- Mentor and support other members of the UX design team and prioritise work flow
- Liaise regularly with key stakeholders to ensure that designs meet their requirements and core business objectives, attend meetings to discuss and review progress on the project
- Run workshops for clients and internal stakeholders
- Write reports and communicate the results of your work
- Identify areas for improvement
- Keen to shape our accessibility agenda
- Ensure design standards, guidelines and best practices are adhered to
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools.
- Ensure that all colleagues in the organisation have an understanding of UX design practices.
- A concept thinker with a keen visual awareness
- An interest in, and knowledge of, coding and design principles
- Effective communication skills to liaise with team members and key stakeholders to ensure that high quality end-user designs meet customer requirements
- Empathy with the customer so that you can understand what they want from the digital experience
- Excellent written communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of the website
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly, accessible and simple for end users
- An open, flexible and adaptable mindset to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies
- The ability to relate well to other professionals and work in a specialist team
- A willingness to keep up to date with software applications and new techniques in a rapidly changing profession.
- Degree or UX specific qualification - Preferred
Who we are:
At Zurich we aspire to be one of the most responsible and impactful businesses in the world and the best global insurer. Together we’re creating a brighter future for our customers, our people and our planet.
With over 55,000 employees in more than 170 countries , you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company who are a long-standing player in the insurance industry.
We’ve made a promise to each other and every employee; to focus on sustainable impact, to care about each other’s wellbeing, to use our diverse expertise to be curious and optimistic and to develop the skills needed for our future.
If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could be just the place for you. Be part of something great.
At Zurich, our sense of community is strong and we’re particularly passionate about diversity and inclusion, which we’ve won numerous awards for. We want our people to bring the whole of themselves to work and ensure everybody is made to feel welcome, regardless of their background, beliefs or culture. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our customers, and so are committed to treating all of our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background, disability or any other protected characteristic.
We’ve an environment that places a real importance on our people’s wellbeing from a physical, mental, social and financial perspective. We work with our wellbeing partners and industry experts to provide the best advice and access to a wealth of lifestyle support. We’re also committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
We’re passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity. Our charitable arm, Zurich Community Trust, is one of the longest-established corporate trusts in the UK. In that time, we’ve awarded grants and volunteered time to deserving causes in the UK valued at over £90 million.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.