About the Job
Position Name: UX Designer
Location: Hybrid - remote + some time in Civica London or Bristol offices
Skills: UX design, User Research, wireframing, customer facing
** Minimum 5 years UK residency essential **
We're Civica and we make software that helps deliver critical services for citizens all around the world. From local government to central government, to education, to health and care, over 5,000 public bodies across the globe use our software to help provide critical services to over 100 million citizens.
Our aspiration is to be a GovTech champion everywhere we work around the globe, supporting the needs of citizens and those that serve them every day. Building on 21 years of continuous growth and success, we're at a pivotal point on our journey to realise that aspiration.
As a company, we're passionate about what we do and the citizens we help to serve. If you too would like to help champion the use of technology in public services, to improve outcomes for citizens and public sector organisations, then Civica is the right place for you. We will help you unlock the best version of yourself, achieve growth in your career whilst making a real difference to people and communities.
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our diverse multidisciplinary team to help create services for high profile customer programmes, including engagements with local and central government as well as private sector organisations.
Principal responsibilities and tasks:
· Planning user research to help inform and prioritise requirements.
· Carrying out research activities and presenting the findings to stakeholders.
· Facilitating workshops and utilising post-its!
· Describing users' goals and tasks and their current pain-points.
· Identifying and defining user experience and accessibility requirements.
· Utilising an evidence-based user-centric approach to design decisions.
· Engage in usability and accessibility testing to continuously iterate ideas and designs.
· Produce high-quality service design and user experience artefacts such as personas, user journeys, prototypes, and blueprints.
· You could be a UX Designer in an agency, consultancy, or work in an in-house team with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
· Self-starter, proactive approach, drive, and energy.
· Effective relationship and stakeholder management.
· Collaborative mindset to work with stakeholders to bring designs to life, balancing user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
· Creative and innovative in the way you work.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Awareness of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
· Awareness of agile methodology and lean UX.
· Keen interest in UX design best practices & trends and how to incorporate these into deliverables, such as journey maps, UX maps and service blueprinting.
· Experience running workshops with customers and presenting deliverables to senior stakeholders.
· Experienced in using a variety of methods of prototyping, including an awareness of coding. You know how to share best practice and can coach others. Knowledge of development technologies.
Life at Civica: Life at Civica is fun and flexible. We have the following benefits that make us - one of the top employers of choice and a great place to work.
Civica Foundation | Giving Culture: We encourage our people to take advantage of our Days of Difference initiative that makes a lasting impact in the community through goodness and charity.
Civica Culture | Work life balance and Blended working: Flexible working, less commuting and more time with friends and family gives a perfect work life balance to our people.
Learning and Development | Growth Opportunities: Civica has a unique 70:20:10 learning model, which supports your learning demands in an interesting, challenging & fun way!
· Employee Wellbeing: Being a people-first company, we have integrated health and wellbeing benefits for our members and their family. We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day-to-day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
· Generous Leave Policy: Civica allows you to take time off from work with generous leave benefits.
· Rewards and Recognition: We recognise and appreciate our colleagues for their contribution by monetary/non-monetary recognitions and rewards.
· Tenure Milestone Recognition: We value and recognise the years of service of our people.
· Employee-led Affinity Groups: Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions, and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community.
· ‘Investors in People' - Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
· Great Place to Work: We are dedicated to creating an outstanding employee experience.
· Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2023: We're committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
· Australian Business Awards - Employer of choice.
· Top rated employer - Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
· Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
At The Hidden Market we're committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, read our policy here. We inform clients that candidates should be evaluated on merit of their skills, experience and commercial attributes in relation to the role, and not background, disability, race, age, gender, sexual orientation, education, or any other discriminatory factor.